Board Tracker, Imitation 1910 HD, TANK INSTALLED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Board Tracker, Imitation 1910 Harley Davidson

Got 3 drawknives.....consider your idea.....stolen for my next rat build! Thanks for the genius....man I love this forum! :D :D

Nice work. Lots of cool details, Especially the knife.

I saw the first few pic's and was thinking I wasn't interested but WOW its turned out cool as ice,really dig the handle bars :D

Rockit! said:
I shed a tear for that beautiful old drawknife friend. :cry: My favorite tool.

Sorry. :oops: At least it's being used now. It might never have been used again otherwise.

Today I put chainrings and chain on the "motor," finished bolting together the springer front end, put a Harley Davidson pouch on the back that I had made a bracket for, and took her for a ride.

The chain rubs a bit on one side where they cross, but it never snagged, or caused a stop. I'll continue to watch it, but I can live with a small rub.
IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

So... now I have a rider that I'm proud of. I'm really happy with how this is coming out. One of my favorite builds of mine so far. What's next? A tank. I still have a list of things to do... this is nowhere near done, but the next step is a tank. But what to make my tank out of? Something that fits my ideas for this thing. Ah! I know...
IMG_1246.jpg

It's a tank alright... a tank shell. I acquired this brass tank shell at a flea market a while ago, specifically for the bottom, which I cut off to make a belt buckle. So I've had this shell sitting for months, and I figured, why not? I think it'll go perfect for this.

Re: Board Tracker, Imitation 1910 HD UPDATE: She's a Rider!

This build is pure creative genius. 8)

Very cool build! Keep the ideas flowing.

Joe

I like this thing. It's a little crazy.

Can´t wait to see what ya do with that shell!
Terrific bike man!!

may you never go over the bars on this bike :lol: great build. put a few miles behind a draw knife myself
but stripping fence posts on the farm nothing as cool as what you have here :mrgreen:

my dad has a tank shell..

...he got it after he shot down a Helicopter with his tank 8)

iven said:
my dad has a tank shell..

...he got it after he shot down a Helicopter with his tank 8)

When in Iraq, I made several belt buckles from the bottoms of old Russian tank shells, as they were made from steel. I've always wanted to make one out of brass, but I never got my hands on one overseas.

Shaped the tank over the last couple of days. It had been a long time since I'd done any brazing, and I think I was using too small a tip, so it took a long time to get all this brass brazed solid. I got it, though.

Pictures aren't the best, as it was near dark when I finished and took the shots, but hopefully it gives you a taste of it. Here are the two ends, then the whole thing:
IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1263.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

It used up almost the entire shell. If it was a little wider, and filled the space on the bike better, then it would have been perfect, but as is, it should come out pretty dang good, once mounted and all that.

Now this is my kind of bike... love it!

Man, this site has sooo many cool bikes and taleted builders.

Cheers.

Endlesschain said:
thats pretty cool,i dig it,are you polishing or patina?

The idea is patina, but I'll be painting the Science name on the tank, plus possibly some pin striping, so I'll probably end up having to polish it clean to get the paint on correctly.

Back