board trackers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Cool!

Thanks for the link! Suitable inspiration to go down to the basement and work on my next two boardf track iterations!!

Thanks!
Joe :D

Great links! Now if I were only born earlier in the century. Be fun to rub elbows with them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tempe-Terror,I cannot thank you enough for posting those links!

I'm currently building a FLYING MERKEL tribute Board Tracker...

...and Maldwyn Jones is my favorite rider from that era.

Nickname those are really cool! A bit our of my budget range..what's the Euro worth in USD these days? I'll have to Google it...
(and the answer is) $819.81 and then shipping...yikes!

Aaron

yeah...uh....everything is more expensive in germany :oops: :(
20% minimum!
2 years ago, i saw a bmx bike from an german(!) company for 499€ in germany and 449$ in the usa. that was when 1€ was worth about 1.15$. :|

Auto Cycle...

Firebikes have been doing the boardtrack thing for a few years now...since before it was cool :wink:

2796_pd9965.jpg

http://www.firebikes.com/bikes-autocycle.html

Their earlier ones all came with a 'little chinese engine'...the PERFECT accessory for any boardtracker. They were more of a one off custom thing and sold for a couple thousand :shock: . If your ever in Calgary there is a little shop called 'Plan B' that is kinda a rockabilly wear shop just off 17th ave that has sold Firebikes (the choppers) and usually has a board tracker for sale in the showroom.

aaretroA.jpg

aaex-461x344.jpg

third%20prize.jpg

WOW!

Looks like...

1) Excelsior Super X
2) Flying Merkel
3) Super X
4) Indian

Way Cool!

WOW-That is some of the neatest footage I have seen, thanks for postin' that up.
I agree on the stadiums and the Tracks themselves were quite a feat of engineering back then, can you imagine laying down all that wood (or sliding across it, ouch)
UNREAL!

Okay, in the second video it says "the story that follows is based on true events"

Where do I find the "story" or movie that followed?

I searched around and came up with nothin'.

Thanks for any help.

Back