Bobbing a Chopper *FINISHED*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I was at a low-price warehouse yesterday and I found this here Chopper diecast/plastic chopper model! I had to buy it because it wa only like $8!
S5030029.jpg

I didn't like the paint on it, so I thought I would paint it in a Hotrdo/bobber/ratrod fashion!
I took it all apart:
S5030031.jpg

Now i've painted the frame(diecast), but when i would paint the fenders and tank, the plastic parts, the paint wouldn't stick! Does someone have any tips for me? I use a regular hobby spray paint!

Re: Bobbing a Chopper

Ya might have to scuff the parts with fine sandpaper to give the paint some 'tooth'.

MagicRat said:
Ya might have to scuff the parts with fine sandpaper to give the paint some 'tooth'.
I have done that, but it still doesn't work :S

Are you using primer?

Try dusting the parts with paint...VERY LIGHT COATS.

MagicRat said:
Are you using primer?

Try dusting the parts with paint...VERY LIGHT COATS.

That's what i've done now, it seems to work. I've done it with primer, and then it will be black.

thats your problem, darn that swedish paint :D thats what happens when you try to rat a volvo. just kidding like said before primer should help a lot and like said as well go with lots of light coats.

karfer67 said:
thats your problem, darn that swedish paint :D thats what happens when you try to rat a volvo. just kidding like said before primer should help a lot and like said as well go with lots of light coats.

Yeah! Volvo sucks!

It seems to be working, i'll try to have some pics up later today!

VicXsaN said:
karfer67 said:

Yeah! Volvo sucks!

It seems to be working, i'll try to have some pics up later today!

I wouldn't throw this Volvo out of my Garage :D

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2662094

Maybe not, all original Volvos would not be welcome in my garage, exept the Amazon and the P1800.

Rats in Volvos:

redrossdowntown136.jpg

Or in front of them:

redrossdowntown136.jpg

It's what they ride in while this is unavailable:

redrossdowntown136.jpg

(Right now the VW has the windshield out, and the front panel is cut up for rust repair!)

All of my creations have come home in either my 90 745GL, or my 92 244, or my wife's 90 745T, or my friend's
82 245T, or his wife's 94 855, or my brother in law's 93 945T...

They kind of run in the family.

They're much better and longer lived than virtually any American car, and still simple enough for me to work on them.

I'll have Volvos as long as I can find a RWD one that runs.

--Rob

The finished result:
Chopp10.jpg

The green paint is the same I used on my "musclebike" project! :D

Nice Job.Looks WAY better than the before pics.

Glad the paint worked out for ya.

No offense, but is that winney the pooh on your bed sheets. Cool !!!

jtdaddy said:
No offense, but is that winney the pooh on your bed sheets. Cool !!!
I was waiting for someone to comment on my bed :p No they arn't winney the pooh bedsheets, they are the phantom bedsheets!! 8) 8)

Back