BOGUS BOMB RUN then Tour de Fat-with PICS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am planning to do the cruise down the road from the local ski hill. To a BBQ at my house before Tour de Fat on Aug 23rd.

It is time to dust off your riding chaps for the First Annual Bogus Bomb Run. It will be the same day as Tour de Fat- Aug23rd. The plan is to leave my house around 9:30am for the Bogus Basin Parking lot. Then take a leasurely ride back down to my house (2hrs) for a BBQ. Then off to Tour de Fat.

Equipment needed: Old Schwinn, Fat tire bike, rat rod bike or what ever you have that has brakes. Rim brakes advised for wusses. Coasters brakes may or may not burn up.....Let's find out! I can bring a trailer for coolers of beer(byob).

Here is the google map with elevations.
bogus-1.jpg

Re: BOGUS BOMB RUN then Tour de Fat- Boise Aug23

The parade starts at 10am. Official festivities at the park start at 11am and run till 4pm. I have done the slow ride the last couple of years but I will probably miss it this year.

Yes we are hauling the bikes to the top.

Looks like fun. Not that I can come, but is that an ALL downhill 16 miles? If you are calling a 2 hour, 16 mile ride leasurely, then I hope it is.

Look on the bright side...if your coaster brakes fail, there is always the "Sneaker Brake". When I was a kid I used sneaker brakes for years on my BMX bikes. How stupid were we? Freewheeel and no brakes at all.

Yes all downhill except .5mile up hill near the bottom. We could probably make the cruise down faster but I think 2 hours by the time bikes get out of the trailer and plenty of beverage stops. :lol:

The ride went very well. We had 13 riders with 7 coaster brake bikes. The hubs heated up as anticipated. Usually to hot to touch, sometimes sizzling. We found all out speed and no pack riding help keep heat down . Some guys used there shoes on the front tire to slow down also. Most the cruisers had bits of rubber all over the frames. One coaster brake hub did fall to the heat. It works but not very well-locks up the rear wheel randomly. Probably need new grease or new guts. Almost at the bottom I threw my chain and did a Flintstone stop that left rubber on pavement. The masterlink was gone so I coasted most of the way to my house with an occassional kick. Barbequed at my house then off to Tour de Fat.

We got to TDF a little late but had fun.

Top of the mountain
CIMG0992.jpg

A break for hub cooling and beverages(

CIMG1000.jpg

CIMG1006.jpg

CIMG1013.jpg

a little brake maintenance :mrgreen:
CIMG1009.jpg

Me on a friend's bike going to Tour de Fat.
CIMG1019.jpg

sensor said:
thanks for posting those(and i see some one brought the pbr....maybe in those ammo cans? :wink: )!

Kiddie trailer w/cooler......on a bike with better brakes.

aka_locojoe said:
Somehow I missed this when first posted.
Thanks for posting.
Where did the missing photos go?

I deleted them accidently from Photobucket. I will try to scrounge them up again.

Back