bolt on handlebar cross bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know where you can find bolt on handle bar crossbars like some clunkers style bikes use, making a 5"or 6"rise bar look more like a BMX bar(more so if you add a pad)? Thanks dudes.

Those bolt-on crossbars come with the bars... they're for (motorized) dirtbikes and ATV's. Often, they can be found inexpensively on ebay.

Yeah I used an extra set of handlebars from my daughters 50 which ended up looking kinda cool...still deciding whether to keep the crossbar or not. :?

I have aluminum 2-3 inch riser bars with bolt-on brace on my gary fisher mtb. No they're are not for sale! They were on the bike when I got it, so I can't tell you where they are from, when they were made, or how much they cost. All that I know is that I like them!
Brand: Tranz X Components
Sorry for the crappy cell pic. This is the only pic I have of them.
ee7b0bd4-1.jpg

thanks for all the input guys. As for just buying new bars with the cross bar , I don't have a BMX stem that would allow me to install the bars. I'm pretty much stuck with the stem I got.... a Gary Fisher 1.25 dia odd ball size that cost me $50. This is going on a mt. tandem that I'm going for a clunker/baja/enduro look with. I may end up fabricating the cross bar but I no longer have access to a Bridgeport. ....!

I used an old bent sissy bar and cut a nice straight section to required length, then crimped both ends and drilled holes. I used 1" clamps I got off of ebay that are used for reflectors and bolted it on. It is already chrome and looks pretty good I think. Total cost was $3. I will post some pics if I can dig them out of the messy garage. The bike they were on has been torn down to repaint and parts are all over the place.

I built one out of two electrical straps, a piece of flat iron and some copper tubing. I cut the flat iron to length, drilled a hole in each end, slid a piece of copper pipe over it (the flat iron gives the tubing strength). Then I smashed each end of the copper down onto the flat iron and BINGO! Instant crossbar.

Here's some poor cell phone pics, hope they help.
IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back