Bones' Cruiser is done!!! (for now)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to put this one aside for awhile after I used the wheels to flip another BMX build I was working on. I mocked it up with an OE Mongoose 20x2.3 BMX tire. I like the stance, just might keep it until I can find a slick to throw on it. I picked the straight springer fork and replaced the bent one I had before, was planning to take it in a Muscle/Krate direction, but decided to keep this one going as is.
IMG_2670.jpg
IMG_2669.jpg
Red wheels to come.

Re: Ressurecting my Slow-Rodder

Let the work begin...

...is it me, or mocked up i see potential for a completely different build.....a cutoff wheel, a few welds, a deck and i could have a scooter?

Bones122 said:
...is it me, or mocked up i see potential for a completely different build.....a cutoff wheel, a few welds, a deck and i could have a scooter?
I can see it. You could even leave the seat on it and sit when going down a hill.. :)

Decided to merge both builds and set the springer aside for a future build. Pending the purchase of a hacksaw or grinder, stem is stuck, I'll put the 26" fork on. Ill post pics of 16" and 20" front wheel to decide which I'll stay with (for the mean time, of course). Ill also up the gear ratio and crank length to help cruise after its complete. Working on high back sissy bar as well.

Finally got a rolling bike again. After a hacksaw and hammer assault on the stem i went ahead and mounted the 26" fork with the 20"front wheel. I like the stance it has. Kind of humid and a lil cool for paint today but mechanically it's done.

IMG_2756.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
. All I need now is a little bit of sanding, paint and finally seat/sissy bar configuration and its all set. Took it for a spin and it rides good.

Re: Ressurecting my Slow-Rodder(New Mock-Up Pics, Pending Paint)

Got anxious last night after putting the kids to sleep and painted my wheels, fork and stem. Got a rolling bike with 80% of paint to done. Just need to hit the frame with semi-gloss black to match fork and replace cranks...the 3.5 in ones gotta go.
IMG_2760.jpg
Wasn't able to find a high-back sissy bar so I went with no back, used the braces from my bent springer fork.
IMG_2759.jpg
IMG_2758.jpg
IMG_2761.jpg
Might be chopping a pair of kids handlebars for a bent seat post and going towards a bobber direction. Still thinking about that one..

Re: Finish line near. Letting the sun do its magic.(New Pics)

Humidity dropped enough to start paint on the frame. Went with a Two-toned fade. Like the look. Crankset will be replaced once I can track down a new hacksaw blade.
IMG_2762.jpg
IMG_2764.jpg

Thanks. Yup, the previous owner stripped the crank i think and welded the pedal to the crank, on the non drive side. Been putting this off since i got it last year.

Nice looking paint. Like the fade. Funny you mention a hacksaw for crank removal.. I just had to cut off a crankarm because of a frozen pedal.. Luckily it was a junk crankset.. Bent and real rusty. Good build. Looks cool

Got it re-assembled.
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2769.jpg

Dont have my camera for the final pics but the longer crank length makes a world of difference. Just found out that the L.B.S. i would buy my lowrider parts years ago is still open and going strong. Great news since all the parts i need to restore my Murray Wildcat are there....more on that one to come.

That's a wrap...more pics in gallery forum.
IMG_2783.jpg
IMG_2784.jpg
This seat was the final addition.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=52054

Get out the conduit bender for that fork!

Back