TRADITIONAL BONINETeen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife decided ahe didnt want guilding on the wheels.

20240621_182050.jpg

20240621_182054.jpg

The Front wheel is together.

I second the Chad-ster ^^. That lace job has a nice open look for all the spokes you have in there. And your wife has made good cosmetic decisions on bike builds in the past if I recall. The dark rim really shows off the spokes!

That looks awesome! Really like how they are paired instead of one big wall of spokes. Nice job with the maths. 🤓
Thank you Chad. I like how the 29er worked out. The math will come in when I start lacing the back spokes.
I second the Chad-ster ^^. That lace job has a nice open look for all the spokes you have in there. And your wife has made good cosmetic decisions on bike builds in the past if I recall. The dark rim really shows off the spokes!
Yes, 72 spokes on the front with a nice open look. The 29er hoops are the first pair of a run of 100, that I liked up fro Juan ( Penguin ) the president of Artistic Cruisers here in Las Vegas.
20240622_152741.jpg

Yes, you are right, my wife does have an eye for style and coolness, and has helped with build decisions in the past. Plus, the trike is for her, so extra important not to hear later, I told you so. 🤣

A lot of work happening this week on my day job and also on the cart, dealing with Lithium Iron Phosphate...

Ive had little time for the trike the last few days. Plus to hot in the afternoons to be outside. Cooled down today, it was only 109 degrees at 5pm instead of 115 yesterday and 111 the day before.

I am in agreement with @Chad T and @OddJob on the open 72 spoke layout on the front wheel and wish to replicate it on the back.
20240625_171950.jpg

I simplified the math. I plan to drill 36 new sets of holes and took the OD measures todo so. I need some 1/2 or 3/4 masking tape to properly space from the edge. The old holes will stay. Maybe a candidate for LEDs later on.

That sounds like a killer plan! Have you tried to figure a way to do that pattern with the existing holes? More math. Can’t wait to see them fat hoops rollin’ on the trike.

109= too hot. Been mid nineties here for a week.

Love how the front wheel turned out. Look forward to seeing the rear put together and installed too.

Dude! First, stay cool and hydrated.
Then, drill on~! 😁
Been trying. Summer here is like subzero in cold.states. Stay inside. Difference is hydrate to go outside and stay a little damp or get in a pool

That sounds like a killer plan! Have you tried to figure a way to do that pattern with the existing holes? More math. Can’t wait to see them fat hoops rollin’ on the trike.

109= too hot. Been mid nineties here for a week.
109 feels better on me than shivering into arthritis pain at -5.

The way I figured todo the pattern was drill new holes and possibly use the existing for another purpose.

Can't wait too.

Love how the front wheel turned out. Look forward to seeing the rear put together and installed too.
Thank You Kingfish. Hopefully together by the end of the week or on the weekend.

Back