Bonneville Salt Flat Bike (update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I built this bike a little while ago. Trying to do some minor changes to it, and yet still keep it classy and clean.
The bike had no fenders, and I love the no fender look. But I was feeling crafty, and threw on a stingray rear fender.
I have to admit, I think it really helps to set the bike off and carries the chrome theme from front to back.

BONNEVILLE002.jpg

BONNEVILLE004.jpg

BONNEVILLE008.jpg

BONNEVILLE010.jpg

BONNEVILLE012.jpg

Definitely! Nice job!
That's one of the cooler builds I've seen in a while - if that had been in RRBBO4, I would have voted for it, no question - I'm diggin' that! 8)

I made the sticker on the chain guard. I am a graphic designer at a print shop so I was able to recreate it.
It is an exact replica of the 1965 bonneville trials decal. I was also drawn to it cause it is also the year of the bike.

Thats a fantastic looking bike mate! Very nice work. I agree that I generally prefer the fender-less look, but that looks spot on.

And it fits in with the look of a nostalgic hot rod, with no front fenders and bobbed rear fenders
hillbillyhotrod_1039_resized.jpg

Nice bike for sure ....but a brand new brooks ..unsprung saddle ,makes my seat have flashbacks. Hope you got the constitution to break it in.ugh!

Breaking in the Brooks may not be the same as sitting on your average cruiser seat, but I've seldom found them to be as tough on the backside as the stories you hear, and once they're molded to your butt, there are few things more comfortable! Great choice, IMHO - 8)

I love the look and quality of brooks saddles, hard to beat. But you are right they are hard to brake in, and seems like it takes forever . I have had this one for a while now, and it still shows no sign of brake in. Does anyone know of any tricks to help speed up the brake in process? Or am I stuck just sitting this one out.

crt95 said:
I love the look and quality of brooks saddles, hard to beat. But you are right they are hard to brake in, and seems like it takes forever . I have had this one for a while now, and it still shows no sign of brake in. Does anyone know of any tricks to help speed up the brake in process? Or am I stuck just sitting this one out.

Are you using the Brooks Proofide lotion on it? That can make a world of difference!

Back