(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Luke! seeing it laid out that way with the actual components gives a really good idea of how it is going to look when it is completed. Also I just noticed that I think that is the same headlight that I used on my bike too. I remember it was cheap but I thought it looked good with the scale of the bike. I ended up sticking a small LED bulb in mine but I still haven't found a good way to power it yet.

Also yeah still definitely jealous of your bike hoard. I wish I had the space to make a stash like that... well the space to hide it from my wife anyway. :D

Looking cool Luke. Video is great. BTW, did I hear you say 'drawring'? I have a couple hillbilly friends that add an extra 'R' in the word drawing too. Cracks me up. This bike is going to be very cool. Love the drawring!

Also I just noticed that I think that is the same headlight that I used on my bike too. I remember it was cheap but I thought it looked good with the scale of the bike. I ended up sticking a small LED bulb in mine but I still haven't found a good way to power it yet.
Still not sure if I will use that light or not, it is cool, but not quite what I had in mind, you may notice in the video I added a tri-bar set up to it on the build board, not sure how well that shows up, but certainly some modification will happen if I use that light...
Looking cool Luke. Video is great. BTW, did I hear you say 'drawring'? I have a couple hillbilly friends that add an extra 'R' in the word drawing too. Cracks me up. This bike is going to be very cool. Love the drawring!
Never thought about it, but yeah, it seems I do say drawring... :21:
Cool! Nice to see you have your design figured out like that!
The build board sure makes it easy to visualise!
Always a good thing!
So now, all I have to do is pick another 2 to vote for... ;)
:21: Long way to go yet! There are some awesome builds happening!
Wow your bike is going to be absolutely epic! I love the videos! And im really diggin the 70's vibe geometry:thumbsup:
Chopper! Glad you are enjoying the videos!

I am enjoying the videos too, it seems to take less time than stopping to take pics while working and then writing a long explanation in the post, I was going to do some normal posts too, but I am leaning more and more towards just doing a video at the end of each work day explaining what I did...

Luke.

UPDATE 4 is live! First real building happened and a little explanation of the single sided rear end.

Rather cold here today, I guess that is what I get being the southernmost member in the build-off!
May is the last month of Autumn here, so it is starting to chill off a bit, but trying to get some good progress done before Winter sets in...

Any questions you have or anything you want to see in the next update let me know...

Luke.

Any questions you have or anything you want to see in the next update let me know...

Luke.[/QUOTE]

Disappointed that the vid didn't start with your cherry head saying
hello at the beginning, as with the other vids!? Plus I want to see
if you are wearing your thongs (That's rubber sandals for our American friends) when your working in the cold!

On a more serious note that one sided rear will be strong by the looks
and it will need to be, watching with interest! Really like how all your
builds are so different Luke TJ, great stuff, inspirational!

Disappointed that the vid didn't start with your cherry head saying
hello at the beginning, as with the other vids!? Plus I want to see
if you are wearing your thongs (That's rubber sandals for our American friends) when your working in the cold!

On a more serious note that one sided rear will be strong by the looks
and it will need to be, watching with interest! Really like how all your
builds are so different Luke TJ, great stuff, inspirational!
I was wearing thongs, not quite cold enough for covered shoes yet! ;)
Glad you are liking the build Pushie! Looking forward to seeing more of yours too!

Luke.

Well engineered idea there Luke!!!
Another cool video.
This is gonna be such a cool bike!!

Another great video Luke! Some of us forget that as we're heading into our summer, others are getting ready for winter. I'm originally from the northern part of the U.S. and I actually like winter, that's when we normally build our projects instead of doing it in the heat of summer. What I'm saying is, I hate these 90 degree days! Go outside to work on a project and you're sweating in 30 seconds. Ugh!! :mad:

Plus I want to see if you are wearing your thongs (That's rubber sandals for our American friends) when your working in the cold!

I was wearing thongs, not quite cold enough for covered shoes yet! ;)
Glad you are liking the build Pushie! Looking forward to seeing more of yours too!

Luke.

Don't you mean jandals o_O a thong is a skimpy undergarment :blush:

Anyway, whether you call them jandals, thongs or flip flops, it's too cold to be wearing them now... it's getting pretty cold here too. Guess that makes me a wuuus o_O

That single sided rear looks cool. I'm itching to get started on mine now.

Glen.

Don't you mean jandals o_O a thong is a skimpy undergarment :blush:

Anyway, whether you call them jandals, thongs or flip flops, it's too cold
Hey Glen if you cll them jandals in Oz you will get a strange look,
thongs is what they get called here but that name will get some from other countries a strange look!

Anyway, whether you call them jandals, thongs or flip flops, it's too cold to be wearing them now... it's getting pretty cold here too.
Is it getting cold enough to break out the toboggan? Or is that called a toque?:39: Maybe it's a beanie. :21:

Hey Glen if you cll them jandals in Oz you will get a strange look,
thongs is what they get called here but that name will get some from other countries a strange look!

Yes, people in some countries would definately question the wearing of thongs on the feet. :D

Is it getting cold enough to break out the toboggan? Or is that called a toque?:39: Maybe it's a beanie. :21:

We call a toboggan a toboggan or a sled... or maybe both... are they different things? I don't like the cold and the snow so I don't really care. :whistle:

I'd never heard of a toque before, so googled it and yeah... that's a beanie... or a pom pom hat if it has a pom pom on it. You appear to be wearing a beanie in your avatar, but without being able to see the top, it could very well be a pom pom hat... schrodinger's hat o_O

So... back to topic... Luke's bike...

Glen.

Ok so here is the deal.

You're a freaking genius.

I've got a whole new level of respect.

And it's only right that you're using kangaroo leather for the seat.

Blowing my mind with this build. Keep it up. Potentially "Best build in RRB history" in my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wearing a beanie in the earlier videos!

Ok so here is the deal.

You're a freaking genius.

I've got a whole new level of respect.

And it's only right that you're using kangaroo leather for the seat.

Blowing my mind with this build. Keep it up. Potentially "Best build in RRB history" in my opinion...
Wow! I don't really know what to say to that, but thank you DN! :thumbsup: Lets hope it lives up to the expectations!

Luke.

Back