bottom bracket spindle length

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So I am building up an old Campania road frame for a commuter and have to get a bottom bracket and crank. The crank i'm looking at getting needs a spindle length of 108mm, this is what the guy on JensonUSA chat told me. The crank is Retrospec 3 piece crank. Now for my bottom bracket options i am looking at the Shimano UN54 since i have a 70mm shell width. My options for spindle length on the bottom bracket are either 107mm or 113mm. Which one should i choose if I am making this a geared 1 x 5 bike NOT a fixie?

Thanks

thebearded1 said:
Hello everyone,

So I am building up an old Campania road frame for a commuter and have to get a bottom bracket and crank. The crank i'm looking at getting needs a spindle length of 108mm, this is what the guy on JensonUSA chat told me. The crank is Retrospec 3 piece crank. Now for my bottom bracket options i am looking at the Shimano UN54 since i have a 70mm shell width. My options for spindle length on the bottom bracket are either 107mm or 113mm. Which one should i choose if I am making this a geared 1 x 5 bike NOT a fixie?

Thanks
i would think a 113 would be okay.

i guess i would just need the chain ring to be in the middle of the cassette so that way it maintains the best chain line through the gears. Perhaps i will order the crank first then eyeball it from there

Back