Boys of Bonneville

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surfing through the documentaries on Netflix the other night and I came across this movie. The movie is about Ab Jenkins, how he encountered the Bonneville Salt Flats and started racing out there. It also talks about all of the speed and endurance records that he set out there. Many of his records are still standing today. It also talks about his most successful car the Mormon Meteor III.

Having grown up most of my life in Utah, I remember seeing the car displayed in the State Capitol when I was a kid in the late '70s. I remember reading about how they pulled it out of the capitol and were restoring the car. I actually know the machinist that did the work on the engine (I went to school with his sons). They recently had the MMIII and other race cars displayed in the Utah Museum of Fine Arts this summer. I made my wife go with me to see it and all of the other beautiful cars that were displayed.

Anyways, if you are into salt racing, have netflix and a spare hour, watch the show. They go through alot of the awesome early salt flat racing history. One last thing, I think that one of the coolest things to see in the movie is Ab Jenkins' son racing a tractor on the salt flats.

Back