Boy's Straight 8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was cruising CL early last week and saw an ad title the piqued my interest. Said something like "Boy's 8 Ball bike $35" <click> very small photo shows an Electra Boy's Straight 8. <call> <leave work immediately> <score> I want to flip it, but Boy really likes it <duh>. I told him he would have to help clean off the surface rust and then choose between his Electra Townie and this.
Here are some photos in as brought home condition. (why someone wold lave a $300 bike out under the deck is beyond me) (But then again why sell an expensive bike for $35)( holy parenthesis Batman)

DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03268.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03270.jpg

Great score....you should know by now.. you never know what you will find..out there..People are crazy.!..And stupid or just dont care.. :wink:

i'm not exactly sure what a townie is but it cant be any coooler than that 8 can it ?

300$ :shock: :shock:

Seem's like a good opportunity to teach your lad how to completely Dis- assemble, clean, and re-assemble!Once the end result is acheived the appreciation and pride will leave a lifelong impression, and hopefuuly a good self esteem booster. :mrgreen: Later & PEACE!!!

yep $300 (give or take) :shock: http://bermudabikes.com/itemdetails.cfm?LibId=30933

This is his townie
0621080738a.jpg

and no, not as cool as the 8. But he loves it as it's the bike he learned to ride on a couple of years ago.

He's aleady done a bit of greasing, building, etc on this bike:
DSC03214.jpg

(build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10392&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=7+year+old+son#p104672)
But I am going to make him do a lot of the rust removal. It's a character building task. :wink: As is the idea that he needs to choose between the two. Although Wife is not exactly on board with that, she wants him to have both until he out grows them.

oh yah definetly the Electra he 'll soon forget about that townie. 8)

He's been riding the crap out of the Straight 8. He decided he wanted apes on it like I put on my Rockabilly. I bought some Schwinn apes from Metal Militia, but they are 1" or so and don't fit the Straight 8 handle bar clamp. I noticed his chopper all apart for paint and recalled that those apes are smaller diameter. :idea: <ding!> :idea:

IMG00281-20091010-0848.jpg

He loves them. I can't stop telling him how sweet they look.

does he have a friend name Timmy to borrow it, crash it, and bleed on it?

So he's been riding this bike ever since I got it set up as above. We were riding today and he said: "I think I'mfinally getting too big for this." "Well," I say, "how about I put the nanner seat on it?"

It's a win.
2012-08-07_20-09-34_321.jpg

We went for a short ride and stopped at the Revolutionary War Cannon on the Town Green.
FB_IMG_13443841478196471.jpg

Let him keep both,let him keep both,let him keep both,let him keep both, (c'mon...join in!),let him keep both,let him keep both...P 8)

Latest posts

Back