Brat Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as I stated in my intro post this bike started out as a Bratz bike that was basically a lowrider bike which I picked up at a thrift store for really cheap, I filled in a tank painted the frame, wheels and fenders, I got some chrome dice from Marlboro drilled them out and made some dice valve stem caps I also cut the spring down on the fork so the bike would sit lower then I replaced the banana seat with a brooks saddle and added new handlebars, it's finally not looking like a lowrider bike and well it sort of looks like a miniature beach cruiser I rode it to the beach and it was a pretty comfortable ride except for some pedal scraping, I'm still not done with it I'm going to get some pedals grips and maybe a lay back seat post (and or other things I might find for cheap) but I'm also trying to keep the whole build under $40 so progress is slow but just thought I'd share.

Before:

After recovering the seat, paint and tank it still looked alot like a lowrider which don't get me wrong I like the looks of lowrider bikes but I wanted this one to look different
so I replaced the seat and handlebars:

And current state:

Any feedback or suggestions are welcomed and once I'm finished with this project I'll take some better pics and post them.

It needs some funk, like a braced layback and some red metalflake grips.

Otherwise it is a GIANT improvement over stock.

I agree on the needed funk I actually made a lay back sea post out of the old ape Hangers I just need to weld some braces on them.

I did something similar with a lowrider bike (not Bratz though) that I picked up for cheap. I ditched the lowrider springer though and added a 24" springer instead.

Before:
Lowrider.jpg

After: (Minor changes have been made since this pic, but it's basically the same)
P4250079.jpg

Back