BRATROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i found this site last night and thought i would post up one of my bikes and future plans...
Its council pickup in my town this week (where you leave all you rubbish and unwanted stuff out the front for the council to come and collect) and i was cruising round last night and spotted this purple bratz bike just chillin in a back street waiting to get scooped up by the council so i pounced on it and took it home...

Only thing wrong with it was flat tyres and slight surface rust on some chrome (easy fix with the aluminum foil and water trick, now they're hallfway to nice and shiney again)... oh and also the bratz stickers and BRAKES!! god i hate brakes... im currently on the search for some 144 spoke wires for cheap but until then ill spray the current rims green because the rust is too time consuming to get it all. I'll probably paint the frame matte black for now to match my VP wagon... theres a few other bits and pieces i wanna get to tidy it up but my missus is about to have a baby and bikes are the last thing ill be spending money on for a while... this is just another one for the collection..

the bike and the wagon.. see what im gettin at? should look good.

if you got a big tub, you can soak those rims clean for about $8 with some deck OA deck cleaner from the supply store.. :roll:

I'll try and find the oxalic acid thread and link it... its amazing stuff !!

thanks mate, yeah i just posted an intro then..
so what is it exactly that im looking for at bunnings? is there a tutorial around?

UpperKuts said:
thanks mate, yeah i just posted an intro then..
so what is it exactly that im looking for at bunnings? is there a tutorial around?

Oxalic acid is what you should look for. It might be sold as wood bleach/deck cleaner or something similar. I think there is a some stuff on here on how to use it.

Ive done a few things to my bike in the last week.. i painted my guards white, bought an extended crown and cleaned up the majority of the rust.. except on the wheels because they will be taken apart and painted black and the back will be changed to coaster brake hub.. also de-stickered it, removed the chain guard and a couple of other little things.. im not gonna paint the frame cause im beginning to like the purple and its in pretty good nick.. :D

lowbrat.jpg

lobrat2.jpg

Back