Bratz bike- vintage stingray fork swap

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys im chris. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Hoping someone could help me out with a project im working on.

I've got one of those purple bratz bikes here with the stick on stars and lots of rust. Im trying to build it into an early 60's stringray replica. My question revolves around fork selection.

Ive already removed the rusted up springer and I want to replace it with an Ashtabula type fork. Both are a 1" threaded steering tube, will the stringray/Ashtabula forks screw straight up to the bratz frame?

Chur'

Chris.

Welcome from the shadows Chris! I'd say as long as the headtube on the Bratz frame is the same length (or shorter) than a Sting-RAY frame, you'll be fine. Try to grab the bottom bearing race off the crusty springer and reuse the top race too, that way you won't have any issues with the cups and bearings. Post some pics dude, you KNOW we love that!
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that doc! Will definitely post pics. Although this build will purely be a daily rider, not a show pony. My plan is to basically instally a stingray fork, a 3 speed hub, nut buster shifter, 16x2.5 rear motorcycle slick and respray in campus green with a cream banana seat

nice I like your thinking on the build I got me one of those bratz bikes I'm actually unsure what to d with I like your ideas. I'm going to turn mine into a lowrider I did not know those stars were stickers I will most likely peel them off in that case I like the bike but hate them stars

Yeah they are just stickers. Pain in .... to get off but they do come off eventually. Basically the only part of the whole bike im using is the frame, crank and sprocket. Everything else im acquiring as I go.

Picked up one of these Bratz bikes at the police auction.
images

Frame design is different - probably gonna fix it up for the Grandkids.

Latest posts

Back