Bratz redo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So this is what I started with. A purple Bratz bike that I found for 30 bucks. I know its not a high quality item but I figured the frontend should be worth that. The chrome is thin I've read and this one has a little surface rust on the fenders that I don't think will stay clean even if I clean them off but who knows. I may not even use them on this bike. I've tore it apart and sanded it and primed it so far. I'll probably go red and red grips,seat. slick rear tire.
SANY0001-10.jpg

SANY0008-9.jpg

SANY0007-10.jpg

SANY0005-9.jpg

SANY0006-10.jpg

I have had one bike powder coated. Paid $140 for the frame,forks, fenders, fender braces, and chain guard. $50-75 seems like a good price. Make sure he will stand behind his work. When I got mine back there were a few flaws on the frame. I took it back and he took it back to bare metal and did it again.

Thanks Cameron, I was going to meet the guy this past weekend but the wife wanted to do some shopping so I'll try to get with him Saturday.
I did get the slick in and put it on. I wish it were wider though. Its 20x2.125

Re: Bratz redo (RED)

I got the frame and chain guard from the powdercoater today. What a nice finish. I will do all my bikes like this from now on.. I left a small bit of chrome on the top of the guard. I thought it would break the red up a little. I call this bike RED now... I want to get a fatter rear tire eventually. I painted the pedals a satin black. Looks like a good little bike now. I need to get a master link and it'll be ready.
SANY0002a-4.jpg

SANY0003a-6.jpg

SANY0004a-4.jpg

SANY0007a-6.jpg

SANY0005a-3.jpg

SANY0008a-6.jpg

SANY0009a-5.jpg

Back