Brookes saddles? Should I buy one?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the forum, and just bought my 1st vintage bike. I was originally just looking to upgrade, my Walmart cruiser, and came across a 1964, all original, Schwinn Traveler on Craigslist.
Long story short, I bought it and love the bike. I believe I've been bitten by the bike bug.
Anyhow, ,the seat is original, and far from comfortable. The guy recommended the Brookes saddle. They look awesome, but it's almost what I paid for the entire bike.
Are they worth $100+????

I own 3 Brooks saddles, so for me, they are well worth the money. If you plan to keep it for years, no doubt that you will get your money's worth. If you can quite swallow spending $100, check out Gyes brand saddles. They are Taiwanese copies priced about 1/3 less, but still good quality.

Back in the late 70's I worked in for a Raleigh dealer, our three speeds came with Brooks B-72 saddles and the high end bikes had Brooks Professional's on them. Most customers opted for more modern saddles. Eventually we tossed box loads of Brooks saddles into the dumpster. If only I had saved them.

Latest posts

Back