Brooks B66 on bent seatpost

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very basic question. As I understand it you turn the seat clamp so that it is horizontal and up inside the seat rails. However the rails are too close together toward the front of the saddle to allow for this. If I attempt to mount the saddle this way I have to slide it quite far forward which defeats my reason for this type of post.

What am I missing? I'm using a bent seat post from Sportsman. See photos.

8226193680_668b1ebf88_o.jpg

8192745205_c9d919cb13_o.jpg

8192744741_ed14290cc8_o.jpg

A brand new seat. Looks like a new pair of shoes! I wonder how many miles you will have to ride to get it broke in? I've never owned a Brooks but they sure look nice. Gary

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Is the section inside the frame longer? If it is and the short end goes far enough into the frame, I say flip it!

The longer end would push the seat back a little bit further.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

It is longer but the sizes are different. The section going into the frame would be too big for the Brooks clamp and vice versa.

B607 said:
A brand new seat. Looks like a new pair of shoes! I wonder how many miles you will have to ride to get it broke in? I've never owned a Brooks but they sure look nice. Gary

Don't know, but it is far more comfy right out of the box than the original old monster padded and sprung seat. It is already starting to get a nice patina so it doesn't look so new. I was going to buy a used one from eBay but the new one was less expensive!

sometimes you get lucky and you can flip the clamp on the seat till it is inside the seat more (opposite of picture) and sometimes like you said, there's no room for the seat post between the rails. I think you're limited to what you have there. It looks ok.

If the set back section was more horizontal you wouldnt get so much nose rail contact; looks like too steep an angle.
Some guys are making seatposts with not only various dia.'s but angles length and reach too. Does SM's have options, have you talked to them?

gcrank1 said:
If the set back section was more horizontal you wouldnt get so much nose rail contact; looks like too steep an angle.
Some guys are making seatposts with not only various dia.'s but angles length and reach too. Does SM's have options, have you talked to them?

No they don't show any options. I'll live with it for now. I can always have my buddy whip one up in his fabrication shop.

B607 said:

It is looking less new after its first Proofide application.

8236490568_2f36a60974_o.jpg

Back