Brought a couple old boys home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Scored these two today for chicken scratch. The blue 26” is a Schwinn-based “Fleet”? Maybe that’s the model and it’s just a Schwinn, I’ve heard that name before but I don’t remember. The 24” I don’t recognize, so if anyone recognizes the chain guard or chainwheel that’s maybe a place to start. The 24” has chain adjusters and backward facing dropouts, so maybe pre-war? Both are skip-tooth, the Schwinn I can probably nail down more after looking at it a little closer. Thinking of building one or the other as a quick build for the build-off.
IMG_2004.jpeg
IMG_2005.jpeg
IMG_2006.jpeg
IMG_2007.jpeg

Scored these two today for chicken scratch. The blue 26” is a Schwinn-based “Fleet”? Maybe that’s the model and it’s just a Schwinn, I’ve heard that name before but I don’t remember. The 24” I don’t recognize, so if anyone recognizes the chain guard or chainwheel that’s maybe a place to start. The 24” has chain adjusters and backward facing dropouts, so maybe pre-war? Both are skip-tooth, the Schwinn I can probably nail down more after looking at it a little closer. Thinking of building one or the other as a quick build for the build-off.
View attachment 267113View attachment 267114View attachment 267115View attachment 267116
Looks like a 1940s Roadmaster by the badge silhouette and chainguard. Frame would be made by CWC, if so.

The Schwinn is a DX model, the serial number can get the year for you. Fleet was a brand name.
The 24" bike is a CWC made bike, probably prewar by the straight downtube. With a CWC chain wheel. Also can get the year from the serial number.
Both bikes should have the numbers on the BB.

Last edited:
Great scores
Love the lazy heart chainring on the CWC

Looking at the seat clamp on the cwc, my guess is it is post war but the straight chain stays and down tube scream prewar. Many post war cwc frames had rear facing dropouts even as late as the mid 50’s. Both are cool but the cwc is not one I have seen before and cooler with the straight down tube.

Back