Brownie (former red'n'black attack)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally I got a little time. So let's start my first build.

This was the bike when i picked it up. Got it from german ebay for 80 euros.Its a Schwinn Sports Cruiser. The owner told me, he bought it in the states :)

CruiserbeimKauf.jpg

And this is what i did the past few days, between university courses :) Sorry for the bad quality. Just made quick basement shots with my mobile.

frame and fork are satin black now:

DSC00026.jpg

the additional sticks (whatever they are called) for the fork are red now:

DSC00029.jpg

bought used white rims (47mm), painted them red:

DSC00025.jpg

same with the chain:

DSC00028.jpg

the fat franks(26x2.35) came together with the rims:

DSC00027.jpg

new black ape:

DSC00033.jpg

last but not least, new valve caps.black skull with red eyes:

DSC00032.jpg

hubs and spokes are black too. for the saddle I'm thinking of leopard fur. the "tank" and the chainguard of course need decals, pinstripes or something else. Don't know yet. but they can not stay naked :) Hope I can put it all together during the next days.

to be continued...

Re: red'n'black attack

Unfortunately i had no time to do anything. But some new parts arrived.

dice valve caps:

DSC00035.jpg

and a layback for the saddle which is going to be black:

DSC00036.jpg

Next week i think i can finally built it all up.

Almost done. First ride was great, but unfortunatly it was the last ride for the inner tubes. So the wheels are not inflated on the pictures.
And look what I had to pick up from the street:

DSCI0001.jpg

Good day with bad ending. I'll fix all the little problems the next days. But anyway here is my (80%) bike:

Dice caps:

DSCI0005.jpg

Misfits-Bell:

DSCI0006.jpg

Saddle is now covered with red velvet:

DSCI0003.jpg

the bike:

DSCI0002.jpg

Been waiting for the bandana for two weeks. Then i looked at the packing slip and saw that amazon ordered it in NJ :roll: :mrgreen:

So, my bike changed a little. The spokes were in a worse condition than i thought. Some of them were so bended and overstretched, that i couldn't pull them straight into the rims. the wheels bounced too much. Further I just changed my mind, away from the "classic" rod style in black and red to ... don't know, just try different things and improvise. Although i'm a fan of theme bikes. But i think thats ok for a first built.

So i sold the hubs and the rims and ordered me some all chrome, 68 spoke wheels. the saddle changed to a leo. So the bike has a little lowrider touch now, and is the (a little bit) red'n'black from now on.

Tomorrow i'll give you some better and nicer outside pictures, if he sun shows up.

However, this is my bike as it stands at the moment (sorry, if my englisch is not the best :))

DSCI0004neu.jpg

DSCI0003neu.jpg

DSCI0002neu.jpg

DSCI0001neu.jpg

Any critic is welcome.

Greets from Germany

Hello to all you lovely ratrodders.

I changed my mind. No more red and black Rod anymore, now the whole thing will go into the vintage/ratty direction.

Will ride in satin brown from now on.

DSCI0002brown.jpg

DSCI0001brown.jpg

painted the forksticks and chain in copper color (no pictures yet). white quickbricks (26x2.125) are on the way.

Ok, have all parts together.

DSCI0003b.jpg

My first bike is nearly ready. "Just" lights and decals are still needed. I love my Browine and it rides great and all the people smile and turn their heads. Rat Rod Bikin' is one of the best things i've ever discovered. :)

DSCI0006b.jpg

DSCI0008b.jpg

DSCI0004b.jpg

Better pictures will follow, cause finally the sun showed up here.

iven said:
funny how it went in a circle :lol:

I change my mind very often :) And especially on the first bike i wanna try many different things.I like it how little work can change the whole style.
But this look will stay for a time.
another problem is, that it's very very hard to find american oldies here. And the few you find, most times are in good shape and restaurated. And i don't wanna destroy such a bike, so i have to work with he retro bikes like this one.

So, my bike changed a little...again :)

headlight, new ape, other forkbumper, gold chain and some decals/stickers. tail light is still missing.

any response and critic is welcome. enjoy.

DSCI0005new_zps9a8a2d50.jpg

DSCI0007new_zps6a7a10eb.jpg

DSCI0029new_zpsddeefa72.jpg

DSCI0031new_zpsac2b7eff.jpg

DSCI0001new_zps8a92ae71.jpg

Back