BRUNEAU Sand Dunes- Tallest in North America.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bruneau Dunes State Park is about 1 hour from my house. We went camping with some family down there for the weekend. The dunes are the tallest single structure dunes in the US. We didn't make it to the top on the tallest one but we had fun on the others. It is like one big sandbox for the kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruneau_Dunes_State_Park

SDC10281.jpg

SDC10284.jpg

SDC10288.jpg

SDC10302.jpg

SDC10308.jpg

Video running down the dune.

Great horned owl and her babies
SDC10358.jpg

Gourmet Breakfast- Sausage and Homemade Cherry Pie.
SDC10340.jpg

SDC10321.jpg

That's some awesome stuff!

I bet yall are digging that stuff out of every crack and crevice for days. :lol:

Nice. I'm still living on Cape Cod where we still have the dunes, just can't walk on them some places. Your's are huge compared to ours. I've seen from a distance the dunes north of Alamosa CO. Ours here on the outer cape wash away in storms only to reform further down. On the Bay side of the Cape this winter had removed tons of dunes. We have a stretch where the stairs leading down to the water are mostly hanging in mid air. I have to repair one such stairway and I ain't looking forward to it.

I've seen the dunes along the highway across the lake in Provincetown where there was a message made with feet. A huge will you marry me.... :shock: .., kinda like crop circles.

GL

Back