Build off 9 part.... Miss America guard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Saw this on eBay last week it came in today. Just a sneak peak into my plans for next years build off. Obviously it won't look anything like this by the end I have lots of cutting and mods for it but the idea is there. It's pretty pitted and has a few small and one large dent.
ma6egu9a.jpg
u4aremuj.jpg

I had never heard of that bike before. Way cool guard!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it next year.

Planning doesn't mean better chances of a cooler bike. I like to just "wing it" and throw together whatever I have on hand at that particular minute. Find parts during the build off, maybe even buy the bike halfway into the build off and whatever I find gets built. I also have a few parts stashed and some ideas but no plan whatsoever.

Cool guard / fender skirts though.

I agree it doesn't guarantee a cooler bike. Some very cool bike were built in the final weeks of the build off. For me the build off challenges make me actually get the project finished. I have no problem gathering the parts and coming up with the ideas. Its usually more difficult for me to make the time without some sort of deadline to look at. For instance, I had 90 percent of the parts and most of my ideas for Stock Isn't before May 1st. I just never was able to make the time until there was a deadline. So its really parts for a future build that will more than likely not get off the ground until the build off.

Back