build up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is how it sits right now

IMG00027-20101001-1754.jpg

IMG00028-20101001-1906.jpg

IMG00029-20101001-1906.jpg

rev. chuck said:
what do you guys use to extend the handle bars?
i use other handle bars i cant even find tubing in that size other trick is cut 4 inches(grip length) then sleeve a pipe that fits under or over till its long enough dont use conduit i learned the hard way :cry:

i can take some of the rake out but id have to shorten the forks to do that and make it look as good as I THINK it does now

Highridah said:
rev. chuck said:
what do you guys use to extend the handle bars?
i use other handle bars i cant even find tubing in that size other trick is cut 4 inches(grip length) then sleeve a pipe that fits under or over till its long enough dont use conduit i learned the hard way :cry:

ive got some handlebars laying around i want to put brakes on the rear but im gonna have to figure out a cable that will be long enough

you think itll be that bad huh

lol

if it is ill just take some of the rake out and shorten the forks

Rev, trikes are inherently a pain to turn, think granny trike. Now you've stretched it out, slammed it down and raked it like there's no tomorrow. Turning will be measured in miles not inches. And you'll get a workout that would make Schwarzeneggar cringe and go home. Wheel flop will be a constant problem. I won't even go into my views on that Stingray seat, but my butt hurts just thinking about it!

All that being said .....
I love the looks of this beast! :mrgreen: You've used some very cool ideas. The bike would be a great start for a show bike, if you want to keep the look but not be able ride it much. All of us have let the "ultimate cool" bug infest our brains at one time or another and it's come to bites us hard. Sometimes you have to decide whether you wanna build it for art or for rideability. I think with a little trial and error, the trike can be slightly modified and accomplish both to a certain point.
Given the oppurtunity ...... I would ride it and make little adjustments to see where it's ridabilty takes me. Would be a great parade ride as it sits if it's a straight route. :wink:
Thanks for sharing,
Chainsaw

i have an idea to take some of the rake out if i need to and keep the look it should pedal nice though hopefully i can get the derailer to work right so i have some options while riding

i suppose we will see

IMG00042-20101004-2005.jpg

Latest posts

Back