building a frame jig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am building me a new frame jig so I can stretch some more frames this winter :)
my buddy built a quickie earlier and I thought I would build a more permanent one :)
8 foot long 2x6 board, some lag screws some angle iron with a zillion holes and some braced uprights.
I like to paint odd homemade tools a color that stands out so parts dont get thrown away.
some jigs I have seen hold the steer tube but I rather hold the wheel and fork so i can see the complete look before I weld
I still need to get some stuff to made to hold the BB
any more ideas?
DSCN2982.jpg

DSCN2983.jpg

DSCN2984.jpg

DSCN2985.jpg

DSCN2986.jpg

Hey Cool Idea Hooch :idea:

i will keep a close eye to you're idea, i like to build one too :mrgreen:

All the holes should give you lots of choices on placement. Should work out really good to hold them straight. You may have to run some struts from the upright legs to keep them from moving forwards and backwards.

like to see a frame mocked up

i bet if you use the same stuff you used to hold the forks and rear drop outs and made a ,[ A frame ] configuration, then use gas line that has treads on both sides you could put the pipe through the bb and screw on some caps then bolt that to the a frame that's bolted to your jig the gas line is available at hardware stores its basically threaded steel pipe ,and the caps should be next to the pipe hope this helps

assuming you mean the soft woods you get at your local building supply stores....they can but i wouldnt trust them since itll probably be pine or redwood and that will 'dent' easily and throw off the alignment.
you could go the hardwood route but if youre going to toss that much into it itd be easier to spin some on a lathe yourself...

sensor said:
assuming you mean the soft woods you get at your local building supply stores....they can but i wouldnt trust them since itll probably be pine or redwood and that will 'dent' easily and throw off the alignment.
you could go the hardwood route but if youre going to toss that much into it itd be easier to spin some on a lathe yourself...

YA!! my wood lathe.. :roll:

Latest posts

Back