built for a "customer"...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was approached to build a bike for someone, after they saw some of my other bikes. he wanted hibiscus flowers, and the color to be like tropical water. those were his only requests.

this was the bike that i used the custom mixed paint, and the clear w/ hardener...

i delivered it today, and he was extremely excited how the bike came out,
and i made some money... :)

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02618.jpg

DSC02622.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

oct.

Cool, nice job...very clean.

That is exactly how I got started many years ago building cruisers. It was alot of fun building for other people, kept me from building too many bikes for myself! Now I havn't sold a bike in awhile and I have too many bikes for myself! :shock:

Great that you've made money from it (too right), can be a bloody hard and a unrelenting task....I've build building and selling for the last 7 years, and only made about £20000, can't exactly put food on the table with that, but beer in me belly? that's different. Yeah that bike should keep its owner very happy indeed. Lovely.

Owen.

thanks guys...

locojoe: yes, decals...

the way i look at it is this:

if i can make a few bikes, and make someone's day, then that's pretty cool. this guy was psyched about the bike, it was a wedding gift to his fiancee, and he couldnt wait to give it to her...

if i make a few bucks, then that's pretty cool too.

like cooper said, it's fun to build a bike for someone else. i most likely wouldnt have chosen that color, or the flowers, so it is a chance to do something different.

besides, i'll probably just blow that money on more parts anyways... :p

I always like when the customer sees the finished product for the first time and the expression on thier faces. It makes all the hard work worth it.

Latest posts

Back