Burrito time!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is the....

thebomb.jpg

Nice work!

Thank you all again. 8)

I wasn't entirely pleased with the original transmission mount I made so I decided to make something different using 5/16" round bar. I also moved the shifter to its permanent home after cutting/brazing the clamp to size in order to fit the seat stay tubing. The cable stop is a 3/16" socket, and a shift lever extension is in the planning stages.

burrito_trans2.jpg

burrito_trans2a.jpg

Ok with the ends of the bars even with the center of the crank, I look at my anatomy and wonder how yall can ride these. I would love for either one of you to stick a riding video on a post.

cool video and even more awesome tranny mount

put a wrench for the shifter... i wouldnt recommend a cleaver ,like bigblockthing's burrito ,
so close to the family jewels...lol

awesome build

bigblockthing said:
...but i definitely like the threespeed hub jackshaft/transmission mount idea..it looks really clean, what did you use to bend the rod?

I used an acetylene torch to heat up the rod and then bent it by hand (while wearing my welding gloves of course :wink: )

OOOps I'm use to seeing a photobucket video....sorry I missed it entirely. Thanks for the look at a burrito ride. :lol:

Its almost finished. :eek:

After all the measuring, cutting, grinding, welding, brazing, fabricating, blah blah blah...its nearing completion.

The entire bike was stripped down today and all the final grinding/touch up/ prep for paint was done. I put down two coats of Rustoleum Hammered black paint and will now let it dry for the recommended 48 hours before applying the Rustoleum Deep Forest Green flat finish. The paint looks as though it was sprayed on to an entirely pitted bike frame and the texture is quite even. By the end of the week when its all painted and back together, it should have a somewhat old military hardware look about it.

While the bike is apart I will disassemble and clean the bearings in the wheels, bottom bracket, and headset in preparation for reassembly later this week.

hi the i am new to this web site and new to bike building!! i love your build and i think its the easyest way for someone to start customizing bikes!! i have just been colecting bikes here and there and i will start on something similar.. cant wait to see it finished..

Here's the finished product:

burrito796.jpg

burrito797.jpg

burrito798.jpg

I know, a burrito isn't supposed to be painted and nice looking...but my OCD won't let me leave it all weld-burnt, rusty, and beat looking.

The paint is Rustoleum flat deep forest green over Rustoleum hammer finish black.

Thank you all for checking out this project as it came together...and thank you for this site which gave me a number of ideas for this and future builds. 8)

sleek! like the color choice! so did that hammer-finish look work even with paint over it?

stretch said:
sleek! like the color choice! so did that hammer-finish look work even with paint over it?

Thank you. :D

The Rustoleum flat green goes on quite thin and it lets the hammer texture underneath show through rather well.

It can't be seen in the photos, but I also spritzed on some Rustoleum gloss black (with the nozzle drilled out so it spatters) across the frame for a randomly speckled/aged look. I am thinking about stenciling some bomb silhouettes on the down tubes much like WWII bombers had.

birdsall1a.jpg

You better add some plate steel to the bike if you're gonna put that many bombs on it! :lol: That's a great choice of green! I'm not a big "green" fan but when it's right, it's right and that's RIGHT! The headlight looks and fits perfect.
Thanks for showing us this big 'ol green burrito,
Chainy

On Sunday November 29th, I met with several friends and rode the burrito along a paved path and adjoining beach boardwalk for a total of 15 miles. :shock: :D 8)

Here's a photo taken of the burrito at the group ride showing off thew new tires (the old gumwalls were so badly dry rotted)

Burrito799.jpg

Back