burrito?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok..this all started about 2 months ago..i got bored and had a frame..so i started cutting and welding and this is where im at now. Progress is going to be painfully slow mainly because im lucky if i get a couple of hours a week to work on it. Im not a huge fan of the burrito name thats attached to this style bike..but i think thats what most people would call it

...yea..the rear triangle isnt attached yet..so that might raise up just a tad..im also a little worried about it taking a block to make a turn :lol: . If it isnt obvious its not going to be a long distance bike. i know alot of the schwinn guys (of wich i consider myself one) would be a bit mad to know it started as a lil chick..but i got the frame for free years ago and it was already stripped bare

ahh theres millions of those frames. literally. :wink: and i would say thats more of a chopperito than anything else, cus of the way it sits. needs some tall apes! 8)

yea thats what its going to get..i really like the short bars..but they will keep me from being able to pedal. Im actually in the middle of cutting up about three sets of diffrent kinds of bars to piece togather something "original". Im also not compleatly sold on the banana seat. I hope to get everything welded up before snow so i can spend the winter smoothing everything out for paint.

I wonder if you could use bike chain to fill in the gap in the chain-stay there. Just drill a hole through the frame and feed the bike chain inside the tube and run a bolt through it...........just wondering if it'd be strong enough to support the rider. I know it'd look sweet.

funny you should mention bike chain..i was actually toying with the idea of making the handle bars out of link chain..but i think i will save that till i can really weld. I was going to go with a mexican theme..and i may still if i can find the right kind of "mexican blanket" material for the seat

im hoping to get some work in this week i have thurs-sun off from work..but im pretty much kicked out of my house :( (renovations) so nothing may get done..eaither way i should have more pics buy the weekend

ive got a small update i was able to get the seat recovered lastnight..at work..nothing like getting paid AND geting to get something accomplished. Me and the wife went walking the trails near us and found $30 and a bike :mrgreen: ..not together..nothing special just an older huffy mnt bike but free is free. So here is a pic of the "new" seat recovered in suede that came from an old coat i picked up cheep at salvation army awile back..i think it turned out ok.. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 1613468094

75753_1590796022487_1613468094_1379400_8353783_n.jpg

NICE job on the seat!

its still around..just got out of focus with renovations and christmas of corse..but you can look foward to some pedal scraping..suade coverd..burnt orange coated goodness..hopefully sooner than later :mrgreen:...woops...did i just give away the color im going to use.. :wink:

Back