Busy week, 4 bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It's been a busy week, sold 2 bikes and got 4 new ones! To start with I got this cool old school Stingray custom. Then yesterday I went to the Fox Valley Biketoberfest hoping to sell a few bikes and scored the other three, a Schwinn Spitfire, B.F.Goodrich Junior Miss, and a Rollfast Skoot. I will research the serial numbers later this week to determine exactly what I got.
6ce14e672342aace206a76d886f3e90b.jpg

Cleaned up well, setup like a chopper with 26" bike forks, rides well.
b24fe5635200eece63cd74ddd8cb0b2d.jpg

Spitfire, a bit ratty but a blast to ride. I will leave this one alone and enjoy it, the perfect Rat for me, when not being ridden it will hang with my Hornet.
3c330001f5a861de281bb589b45753f3.jpg

Junior Miss 24" got this as a freebie. Guess it was a Garden Decoration, may return to that. I will have to do some thinking.
910298ebde899ee65ce3d1a627ed4ffe.jpg

Here's number four a Rollfast Skoot, Rides well goes Quick!

ratina said:
I had the space right next to you! I thought I saw that blue/red Ross on here before.
Cool, Wish we sold more, but what can you do. Yap, Ross was out there great bike but wish it were a men's.

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
ratina said:
I had the space right next to you! I thought I saw that blue/red Ross on here before.
Cool, Wish we sold more, but what can you do. Yap, Ross was out here great bike but wish it were a men's.

I know, not a lot of people showed up for some reason

mikesbikes36 said:
hey thats my old skoot ...LOL :mrgreen:
hey i better not see that on CL ...
i still say u shoulda bought that purple bike 2 ... :D
Yap, I am still kinda kicking myself on that one, did it sell? If not throw me a PM as to where you are out of, maybe I can still make an offer on it. Thanks

Nice finds. Love the Skoot, looks like my 3 speed one I got a few weeks back, nice.

I'm thinking we need to see more pics of the BUG though :)

Haha I traded that Spitfire to you. Love the Bantam I got from you, wish Xmas was sooner so I could give it to my son. Nice scores.

One question, I see your bug in the back ground, are you a NIVA or Harsh Winters VW club member? I sorta thought you looked familiar, but hate being that guy that says you look familiar. lol. I've got a custom '63 bug that never seems to get put together. I'm a HW member, stop over and say hi on our forum. My name over there is Vintagevwnut tell em I sent ya.

Green Dragon said:
Nice finds. Love the Skoot, looks like my 3 speed one I got a few weeks back, nice.

I'm thinking we need to see more pics of the BUG though :)
Here is the Bug and a Buggy! Yap I'm a V-Dubber too. We have the Bug,3 Buggies,and a Thing. Yes, a THING.

a2ac03d0b5459efc9236970c34604be9.jpg

0b3c9959966d0f482bc717f2e4ab4d6e.jpg

Onewheelsqueel said:
Haha I traded that Spitfire to you. Love the Bantam I got from you, wish Xmas was sooner so I could give it to my son. Nice scores.

One question, I see your bug in the back ground, are you a NIVA or Harsh Winters VW club member? I sorta thought you looked familiar, but hate being that guy that says you look familiar. lol. I've got a custom '63 bug that never seems to get put together. I'm a HW member, stop over and say hi on our forum. My name over there is Vintagevwnut tell em I sent ya.
NIVA member, been to the HW shows they rock! Saw the Bantam out here, glad you like it. Went to send you a PM but it didn't work. I'm happy with the deal we did the SpitFire is a great Rat bike. Threw some later Schwinn pedals on it that were not as twisted and been riding it all over the neighborhood. Fooling with the Garden Bike we will see where that goes. Thanks! I will look you up at HW.

Hahaha. Knew you looked familiar, Cliff right? I'm Kevin Lloyd, used to be a Niva member a long time ago, sorta stopped doing things with VW's and found HW and joined up and slowly been doing things here and there. Gotta get back on my car this winter. Been having to much fun with other cars.

P.S. you need a Sears Allstate trailer to pull with that buggy, and I just happen to have one I'd sell for a great price. I want to get rid of it before the snow comes. lol

Onewheelsqueel said:
Hahaha. Knew you looked familiar, Cliff right? I'm Kevin Lloyd, used to be a Niva member a long time ago, sorta stopped doing things with VW's and found HW and joined up and slowly been doing things here and there. Gotta get back on my car this winter. Been having to much fun with other cars.
I decided a while back to take a break from the car thing, just kinda got tired of it. Still have them all just not doing a lot these days with them. Got back into the bike thing, used to do it as a kid. Met some really cool people this year a made a few new friends, it's been refreshing. Funny how something like a bike can get really get you going again. Yes, Cliff!

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Onewheelsqueel said:
I decided a while back to take a break from the car thing, just kinda got tired of it. Still have them all just not doing a lot these days with them. Got back into the bike thing, used to do it as a kid. Met some really cool people this year a made a few new friends, it's been refreshing. Funny how something like a bike can get really get you going again. Yes, Cliff!

I hear ya. Been having fun with the Corvair van because it runs. Dont have the time to dedicate to what the bug needs right now. Gotta do something though to get it done.

Onewheelsqueel said:
ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Onewheelsqueel said:

I hear ya. Been having fun with the Corvair van because it runs. Dont have the time to dedicate to what the bug needs right now. Gotta do something though to get it done.

Wait is your van black by chance?

Latest posts

Back