Buyer Beware....Walmart Chain Tool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tulsacruiser said:
I know the Bell chain breakers are crap but I use mine all the time and have yet to have any issues with it.

+1

I even modified it to use it on skiptooth chain and it has worked perfectly for the last 4 years!

Never mind, found it now and ordered one. Looks like it may need some modification for me. The lower portion looks closed in, which makes it difficult to push the pin out just enough to still be in the outer link but let the inner link come loose.

Mine lasted a good while. Actually, I stopped using it because I purposefully broke it to use on a skiptooth chain. Guess I was lucky.

yeah, my 2nd one broke yesterday.
I just jammed a drill bit into the broken end, ground it off. and that works....as a back up now.

Sooo, went out down to Harbor Freight today and bought this :
hqdefault.jpg

comes with an extra tip too...12 bucks with a 20% off coupon..it's a chunk of heavy metal , I'll tell ya,
You can adjust length of pin stick out...You still have to grind down the pin a wee bit, cuz it's made for motorcycle chain...but that's no big deal
:happy:
F r a n c o (the chainbuster)

I bought a bell chain tool a long long time ago, It worked fine until I recently used it on a multi speed chain that didn't fit and I bent it. I then bought the park which JD much better. I couldn't find it the other day so I used this superB bike multi tool that has a chaintool, wife gave it to me. I was really surprised how well that worked.

BUYER BEWARE OF ANYTHING YOU BUY FROM WALMART !

~

Back