cabin fever time

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that time of year again here in the midwest. can't do much outside cuz of the cold, and i can't do anything inside that throws metal (grinders/cut off wheels etc..) and i cant paint or prime, however....there are a few things i CAN do in my chop shop during the winter...
- i can finally hang the new pegboard and lights i bought last summer
- i went through everything and threw out stuff i didnt want or need anymore
- i sorted everything and labeled containers
- i thoroughly shop vacuumed
- i can rebuild hubs that have been sitting around
- i can try my hand at rebuilding coaster brake hubs
- i can try my hand at truing wheels
- i can use the wire wheel to strip paint
- i can hang posters and decorate ( i say decorate in the most manly rat fashion of course)

......................maybe i should get a girlfreind !!!

fast eddie

I can relate to the winter blahs, but it looks like you have a nice long list of stuff to keep you busy.
As far as the girlfriend goes, maybe get a dog first. They are always happy to see you, and milk bones are way cheaper than flowers :D

amen to that. i got only a handfull of "nice" days this time of year, otherwise it is either very cold, very wet or i'm up to by ball bearing in snow, but non yet. was going to build a snow cruiser with low gearing and knobbies, but i guess that is what my mountain bike is. only use it ( a cheap 18speed next power x softtail) for trailriding across my street (litterally miles and miles of trails across the street from my house :mrgreen: ) or in snow.

my main shop is in my other house 50 miles away and i can only do so much with the 6 bikes in my livingroom and den. oh well.

I took all the tools out of my main tool box the other day to clean the box, tools and reorganize. Then the UPS guy stopped by with my new to me crankarms. A new toy. Most all the tools are still on my workbench. Sometimes I can still hear my dad grumbling at me to clean up and put away the tools after use. Then I remember these are my tools not his. I will never be one of the guys who has the immaculate shop. Dad wouldn't be happy. My kids are doomed......

well, as for winter .....I live in south texas man, today it was in the fifties, still riding weather for some time to come. But I am using the month of december to find my last buy before the winter and just like everybody else get started on cleaning the shop and starting all of my projects. Happy working everybody ahahahaha.

I know women are sometimes a problem , but when you do something really neat its cool to have one to get to look and admire your creation. Well we feel bad for yall but look at us...We have to mow our yards all winter. :wink:

Uncle Stretch said:
Well we feel bad for yall but look at us...We have to mow our yards all winter. :wink:
Yeh so much worse than raking up the leaves then onto shoveling the snow.

benz said:
well, as for winter .....I live in south texas man, today it was in the fifties, still riding weather for some time to come.
Is there such a day as a day without riding for bikes. Anyday and everyday-rain, sun or snow is a good day.

But I agree with Eddy- the painting has to wait.

cman said:
Is there such a day as a day without riding for bikes. Anyday and everyday-rain, sun or snow is a good day.

haha, yes I see your point, I wonder if there are some bikes that are so rusty, that if your ride them in th rain, they will just disappear.??

Back