Call me "Nine" crazy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was home sick Tuesday (Common virus/cold), laying in bed killing time with my tablet. There was a CL ad for Nine (9) vintage bikes. Ben Hur, Bluegrass, Schwinn, Columbia, etc. The ad had been posted within the hour. I called and the guy said they had tanks. I jumped out of bed, swilled a shot of dayquill and drove over to look. I was disappointed there were so many girls, however, I wanted 5 of the nine and he talked me into the lot by dropping his price and throwing in delivery.

So, here they are:

The Ben:

The Ben Hur is an Indianapolis brand, so very cool to find one. I didn't get a picture of the Ben before I cleaned it up. It's holding air and rides like an old bike. I need to repack all the bearings. Cool badge! Not the original color.

The Huffy:

The Belkamp Bluegrass:

This tank was on the Ben. It looked really out of place and short on the Ben. At this point, since the bikes were allegedly all from the same barn. I can assume it belongs installed here.

The Columbia(s) Two.

Nice FIREBOLT CG

The unknown with the cool Chain guard and sprocket:

The Chicago Schwinn(s)

The Sears and Robuck:

Dang! I didn't get a picture of this girl. Makes nine. It's fairly complete. I must have been distracted.

They all have chain guards. Some fun ones in the lot.

Thoughts?

I need some help with the Bluegrass. I believe she can roll again "in part". If I can get the fork loose. Suggestions on moving forward with that one? It strives to be the best rat it can be...

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back