Calling out to Frame Builders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.....this thread would had been up here already if a special someone didnt try to move it and ended up deleting it. All love <3 just means I gotta wait another day before I get replies :(...was hoping to come home and be like NICE someone wants to build me a frame!!

Well anyways, Im looking for some help, Im lost and cant find my way, as many of you know I wanted a stretched cruiser but honestly its ALOT of money on a bike ..and im kinda falling off the idea of wanting one, so I need help maybe someone could build me a frame, I could pay 200max .. shipped. I want something stretched, lowered, something like a baseman ? Im not sure .. maybe a bit smaller, but it has to be able to fit a 26" wheel .. dont wanna do anything smaller.

well let me know like I said if you have talent because when it comes to welding, I could do it, dont have welder or pipe bender .. anyways if you do and wanna make a quick 200$ let me know .. if you wanna do it for 100$ ill rather pay that :p so again, let me know I know theres some guys up here that know how to make frames...

Thanks

winnaar%20dennis.jpg

i would say get a dyno or a copy. those can be had for around that complete. your going to have a hard time finding someone to do you up a custom frame for that money. labor is not cheap and yes i could do it but i take my work very seriously and it just cant be done for that cheap. so start with something that is close to what you want production save your dollars and when you are ready try again.

karfer67 said:
i would say get a dyno or a copy. those can be had for around that complete. your going to have a hard time finding someone to do you up a custom frame for that money. labor is not cheap and yes i could do it but i take my work very seriously and it just cant be done for that cheap. so start with something that is close to what you want production save your dollars and when you are ready try again.

I agree. Especially when shipping a stretched frame would probably cost at least $60. I'll probably have 20 hours in the frame I'm building now and that's without paint. "Quick $200"

:lol: :D :lol: I laughed at the " Quick $200 " I am still smiling.... I wouldn't be surprised if someone will build you a frame... But if they do thank them over and over and understand they are doing it because they want to, as a favor, Karma or good will... Its not because of the $200. If you don't use anything special there will be maybe $50 in materials, If you use the "good" stuff there could be $100-$200 in materials. To design and build a quality one off your talkin at least 10 and maybe as many as 50 hours...So if you scrimp on materials that would leave you $150 labor if you could do it in 10 hours... $15 bucks an hour... Chances are it will take more like $75 worth of stuff and 20 hours... Now your talking $6.25/hour.... And dont forget your talking about someone with at least several thousand dollars worth of tools and already has hundreds of hours invested in building jigs and learning what not to do....

So anyway... Like I said I wouldn't be surprised if someone will do it... Just be thankful if they do

So you're looking for charity work right? :lol:

Seems like a lot of work for $150.

BTW...ixnay on the moderator trash talk. :wink:

Rat Rod said:

no trash talking, it was sarcasm, I love this site, I wouldnt trash anyone :( .. now you made me feel bad.

But about the frame .. I dont know what to do any more . I got one offer well see whats worked out in the PMs ..

Pawel said:
Rat Rod said:

no trash talking, it was sarcasm, I love this site, I wouldnt trash anyone :( .. now you made me feel bad.

But about the frame .. I dont know what to do any more . I got one offer well see whats worked out in the PMs ..

I'm looking forward to seeing what results from this. :D

Speed2XS said:
Pawel said:
Rat Rod said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what results from this. :D

probably nothing lol Im gonna end up changing my mind like I always do .. just wish I won the powerball :( so money wouldnt be a problem to anything.

Sounds like you can buy a welder and a pipe bender from Harbor Freight for about what you are wanting to spend.

cman said:
well i don't think it's that cool since it is a copy of the original basman. and that causes the loss of potential customers for the guy basman, who's house has burned down last year....

...but if you don't care about that go ahead and buy the copy :!: :roll:

sensor said:
dont you have a buddy with a shop that builds customs(the one whose shop you posted awhile back)?
he could probably whip one out for you in a few days at the price you want

closed down shop, got f'd by a customer , couldnt keep the doors open .. iwish he still was open , would had convinced him to build one for himself too.

the copy looks CQQL!!

And its half of what the real ones go for! What do you guys think? Anyone ever order from em..is the site legit or know for lost bikes? anyone know?

++After looking around the site I think Im just gonna order my stretched from em :D they are too about half of what Lovely Lowrider sells em for and the only reason I started changeing my mind about getting it from LL is because it would cost me about 800$ with the wheels I wanted.

some of the other stretched cruisers looks cooler, ones with bigger frames I mean.

18.BRONCO-GTS-3.0.jpg

macargi bikes are sort of a "you get what you pay for" kinda deal. and i agree that buying a cheap copy does take away from the original but if you look at them side by side there are very obvious differences, check out the gap between the seat tube and the tire. it is a knock off and i have to agree that although i am not rich at all i would rather save up my money and get the real deal.

Back