Callous Colson (1940)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's my 1940 Colson I built a little while back. I bought it as a bare frame. I knew from the beginning I was leaving it rusty. Other parts came from a Western Flyer. The wheels are my favorite thing on the bike, they look so weathered and crusty :D I bobbed the rear fender and left the fenders bare so they'd get a little rusty as well. I added the truss on the forks and of course I made my own bars! Hope you like it, I know I do!

DSC01882.jpg

DSC02100_zps85f94dd2.jpg

DSC02106_zps03fe4430.jpg

DSC02104_zps405182df.jpg

DSC02102_zps96951a76.jpg

I like it, looks tough.Big fan of making own handlebars. Are they brazed together. And is that strong enough. I made my own bars for the space chopper build.

Thats perty cool ! I like the truss rod very original.

Big fan of making own handlebars. Are they brazed together. And is that strong enough.

I did braze the bars together. I like the way the brass stands out and brazing is also fairly strong as well. Thanks for the compliments!

Very cool bike indeed. 8)

Really like those Michelins! 8)

Thats what i'm talllkkkin' About :shock: :arrow: :idea: :lol: ,.. Early RatRod/ol'Skool bobber/ Tracter style :idea:
I love it ..its a gem 8)

Back