camel back frames

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onewheelsqueel said:
Oh man! I wish I could get one of those. Looks aluminum?

Yes it is, 60oz (3.5 lb) Alum frame. She has 7 more. Some guy gave them to her and shes selling them

my 63 speedster:

1963speedster001.jpg

1963speedster006.jpg

I picked up this Avanti Breeze on ebay in Sydney, Australia for $50 and am in the process of deciding what to do with it. Avanti is a New Zealand brand but I havn't been able to find any info or even a picture of this model on the net so I guess it is quite unique. Luckily there is a sticker from the original bike dealer so I am hoping he can give me a year and some info on her.

I may Rat her out as per my photoshopped pic below, what do you think?

8446496342_4819d051e8.jpg

8445400815_a2c4fddc17.jpg

Westfield built 1930 Hartford Camelback. Refurb/restoration finally finished & back on the road.

BEFORE (What I started with: a parted out frame, fenders, crank, & handlebars):

1930Hartford_WestfieldMfg00.jpg

AFTER (all correct original parts found & new 700c Ghisallo carbon fiber lined wood rims):

IMG_2040_zpsbe811f5a.jpg

IMG_2028_zps83b57ee7.jpg

IMG_2030_zps5f221b26.jpg

IMG_2032_zps2185d944.jpg

IMG_2034_zps453969e8.jpg

IMG_2035_zps5c18d86c.jpg

IMG_2036_zps9da53595.jpg

IMG_2037_zps36f32031.jpg

Onewheelsqueel , Better late than never :wink:
Looks great dude!
I've resumed building mine too ( now that winter is going buh-bye! )
I'll have to post some progress pics

Here's mine. Not sure of the year,make or model. I got this for free and disassembled it, cleaned it up, threw a rattle can flat grey paint job on it, and replaced some parts. I am the only one here at Camp Buehring, Kuwait with a bike like this.
image_zpsbba3d7f7.jpg

image_zps439a2c3d.jpg

Sean

Not trying to knock you, but is that considered a camel back? I thought camel backs were just the bent top bar no other middle bars? I thought they call those straight bar frames.

No offense taken. I wasn't really sure if it counted or not. Anybody out there have the definition of the camelback bike?

Sean

15Z5M said:
No offense taken. I wasn't really sure if it counted or not. Anybody out there have the definition of the camelback bike?

Sean

Sean, Camelback has a single bent top bar. Yours with a middle bar is considered a motorbike or motobike frame. Since that bike made it all the way to Camp Buehring, Kuwait though, I think we can give it "honorary" camelback status. Sweet bike and I bet everyone over there is a little jealous of it!!!!!!!!

Decided to bump this thread back up by posting a current pic of my 1930 Hartford with more accessories added. I know there are more camelback frames out there that are just screaming, POST ME!!!!!!!!!!!! This frame style just does not get the love they deserve to me.

beatcad said:
i just got this from fellow member charles.
just a raliegh frame. i forgot that they had odd brit bearings. i dug thru my parts bin and found cool cups/bearings races and a fork that'll work. well maybe not the fork :x
i wanted to use a 27" or 700 wheel on this but well see.i think this will be put on the back burner for awhile. i got 2 or 3 other bikes waitin to be built :shock:
IMG_50451.jpg

IMG_50461.jpg
There was a Raleigh like this but near mint at an antique store, they wanted $1100 obo .....so I laughed....he didn't take my offer :p

Latest posts

Back