Can you put body filler over primer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ratfink1962 said:
KOTA said:
Not a HE........But a SHE!

Oops, my bad!

But thats awesome! any woman thats pounding out dents, working bondo and spraying primer... #1 in my book :D

Haha...yes, the fender's been pounded out. I confess, though, that I didn't do the pounding...my father in law was a body man for 20 years before moving over to auto repair. When I had him assess the fenders, he raised his eyebrows, shook his head a little, and knew they'd need a LOT of careful work. As a rookie I was happy to let him.

But, I'm doing all the sanding, Bondo, priming, painting, etc. myself. It's taking me forever and I'm learning as I go but I love it. :) I've got a nice little setup where I take the cars out of my garage and dangle bike bits from the rafters with wire. I made a little wooden stand to rest the fenders on so I can not have anything touching the primer/paint while it dries.

So the Bondo I'm using on the fenders isn't for dents and dings, but for little rust pits and a couple low areas here and there. In my inexperienced state I applied it too thick and didn't sand it down adequately. :)

Thanks for more tips. You guys are so helpful. I really love this forum. :wink:

Latest posts

Back