Can you tell any difference

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I tried the super tech sprays and they work fine!
Problem where I worked we had to have m.s.d.s. on all products in the building and the company seemed reluctant to share the information.

WD-40 is just oil cut with various agents to thin it so it can get in tight spots, hence the term, penetrating oil. While the formulas of the two products may not be identical, they are both effective for delivering oil to places where a higher viscosity oil might not flow

I really don't use WD 40 for anything important anymore. Other options, like PB Blaster, are much more effective as a penetrating oil and I've had far better success with it. I do still use the WD during rust removal from chrome with steel wool and occasionally as light degreaser.

I use light oil to shed water, remove decals, clean, but not as a lubricant. I use pb blaster and the like to break up rust, never a lubricant.
For lubricants, I use low temperature synthetics, such as Phill Wood tenacious oil.

Latest posts

Back