Can't belive this..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of you have seen this and others haven't. For those oh you that haven't, I picked it up at a yard sale for 5 bucks. Its an all original Harley Davidson Blackhawk bicycle made by Roadmaster. Not sure of the year, but its in decent shape. The forks are bent, but can be straightened.
994158_668882546458502_1759615968_n.jpg

Now, I took it today to trade it to a couple bikes I could actually ride. The first one was a Jessie James bike: it wasn't in the best shape, back wheel wasn't original, seat was destroyed, frame was rusted and the grips were gone.
Second bike: 26" OP Roller from your local Wal-Mart, a can of primer had exploded on it, someone tried to paint over the stickers on the fork, had road bike horn bars, a crappy seat, someone had used a hose clamp and some wire from a hanger to hold the arm on the wheel for the pedal back brake. I was going to try and trade my Harley bike even for both of these, and the guy wanted 10 bucks to boot! :shock: :roll:
Told him I couldn't do it, and that the Harley bike would bring more than the Jessie James bike. Needless to say, I came back with the Harley bike.

I know good and well my bike was worth more than both of those bikes, but apparently this guy didn't think so.

Looks like this is the brother. Maybe all of them got the forks bent the same.
Good score this guy wants a $100 for this one .
3r93se3q85E85s15tbd6a383e93244cf41bed_zps0cb2b0d0.jpg

I just wanted to trade it for something I could ride. This bike may be worth a nice chunk, but its not worth much to me since I can't ride it. I can ride the West Coast Chopper bike and the OP bike.

Uncle Stretch, I think someone ran into something with this one and I think that one too :lol: I've looked at others and they had straight forks

There's one of those for sale locally here for $55. Straight forks and nice chrome, just missing some decals. I'm not interested in it for myself, but I wonder if I should try and pick it up and flip it...

That style of Harley bike is very poorly made--wall hanger at best. But as a wall hanger they may have $$$ appeal so keep it or trade for what you want.

I was going to trade it and the 10 bucks for the two bikes, but the guy wants to keep the wcc bike now. He's got two of those op bikes, told em I'd trade it to him for those. This things worthless to me as I have no where to hang it. I think it'd be in my best interest to try and trade it off for something I could actually ride.

Mad Scientist said:
There's one of those for sale locally here for $55. Straight forks and nice chrome, just missing some decals. I'm not interested in it for myself, but I wonder if I should try and pick it up and flip it...
Might be worth looking into if you can find the right person to pay good for it.

frameteam2003 said:
That style of Harley bike is very poorly made--wall hanger at best. But as a wall hanger they may have $$$ appeal so keep it or trade for what you want.
I have to agree, they do seem poorly built. The forks could be better, but its a pretty cool bike for the time it was built.

naturephotoboy3 said:
Guy down the road has 2 for sale brand new never ridden. 175 each
Not bad, can't believe there's some out there still new.

Those were sold in 1994/95. Lots of people bought them and put them away thinking they would be collector items someday, kind of like what happened with the modern stingrays.

Back