cant chrome a sweet heart??????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some guy was arguing with me....that it is impossible to chrome a sweet heart sproket......this guy is just a straight up mean guy at my local swap meet :?: :?: :?: ....but is it true?????

I sent mine to Proctor in Michigan and it came back just fine. Gary
ADX004-1.jpg

i just dont know what his problem is he just kept saying like a lil kid "dont chrome it dont chrome it dont chrome it" it was annoying me and the others around him .....he the self titled "Schwinn expert"... when hes really not :x :x :x

Maybe he was trying to say it shouldn't be chromed , but nickel plated instead because of the age of the sprocket and when Chrome plating really started (timeline) Chroming started in the late 20's.

Maybe he had one that 'didnt take the chrome'. Back in the motorcycle shop we would occasionally get parts back from the chromers that was bad; had 'spots' or started to peel soon. The process of polishing and plating, first with copper as a base coat, then nickel for color, and finally chrome, which is transparent, has a number of places where things can go wrong. One is when a previously plated part is polished without stripping the plating off. It will look great, but the following plating processes can ' delaminate' (probably not the right term, but you get the idea). A subsequent stripping to base metal and redo always fixed it.
This is giving the dude the benefit of the doubt, he could just be a jerk.

he's a super jerkasaurus rex!!!!! he said you absolutely cant chrome it i could argue with him for weeks....i hate him so.... :x :x :x :mrgreen:

FWIW, Ive run across a few people who seem to get their jollies by torquing others off; some kind of pathetic trip they are on. Sounds like you are a better person to start with than he can be if he worked at it. So, you enjoy life and the people who are worth your attention, and let him find somebody else to aggravate; (ie, its OK to walk away from people who arent worth your time).

i appreciate your words bro but ive tried so hard ive walked away so many times but he just loves looking for trouble.... and always comes back for more....even after i said "eff off" urgh he just comes back bro so i just avoid him as much as possible....and when i do walk away he just says "well thats rude" this guy gets me pissed and it just not me it all my other bike bros as well we all walk the local swapmeet and he just come out of the blue and calls us "bike experts" with super sarcastically...... but owell thanx again for your words bro

Back