Can't Wait! AH! Now With Paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Can't Wait!

It won't be like that long Skip. I have plans to fill it up pretty quick.
This may be interesting. I normally build a fairly simple frame, but with this one, I don't need
another bike and its time for a little experimenting. Gonna try a few things.

Well worked on sanding the welds a little and made a decision on a center bar.
I think its going to look pretty good. Got less to do to finish it.....moving right along.
DSCF0002_zps6c4788fd.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
After looking at my build for a while, I see things about that fork I don't like. The built
in stem is way up in the air and even though I have access to a person with a tig that
could change it, I really don't see a way to design it better. Then when I stick a regular
fork in the frame it looks lots better. Well actually looks like it was designed to look. It is
what I normally build , so wouldn't be anything exciting. Kinda stuck till I work it out.
DSCF0003_zps6e15a6de.jpg
[/quote
man that looks great.looks fast standing still.

Thanks I appreciate it. So its looking like I want it too now that I took that silly fork off..

DSCF0002_zpseeec012b.jpg

Thanks Rich. I was going to have a tank built for it but after looking at it more,
a tank would be too overpowering . It would be way too big. Oh well its just something
to play with. If it turns out good ,thats fine and if not....no biggie.

King You kinda have to make them. I stick a piece of 1 1/4'' pipe in first, then Chuck cuts a
piece of seatpost out of a frame he takes to the recycle place. You drill a 3/8'' hole on
both sides through the 1 1/4'' pipe to the seatpost tube and then plug weld it. Now you
have a regular size seatpost. Works good.

Uncle Stretch said:
King You kinda have to make them. I stick a piece of 1 1/4'' pipe in first, then Chuck cuts a
piece of seatpost out of a frame he takes to the recycle place. You drill a 3/8'' hole on
both sides through the 1 1/4'' pipe to the seatpost tube and then plug weld it. Now you
have a regular size seatpost. Works good.
I have kinda changed directions and want to use the parts off of this bike. It will take cutting
the back triangle off and building one that will have enough drop out to run this black floyd tire.
Another trick of the trade. Thanks for the tip! 8)

No problem King. It took a few minutes once to figure out how to reduce an 1 1/2''
piece of tubing to a normal seat post size. That was my solution . Works good.

Ok I decided to use the parts off my worse looking bike .
These wheels and tires look good and will fit this build perfectly.
Got some 1'' stainless and a bender that likes it. Will try to bend some cool bars for this one.
They sell 1'' grips for motorcycles. Will have to cut a few grooves where it goes into the stem.
Shouldn't be a trick for a stepper...just will have to find a stepper. :lol:
DSCF0002_zps47550367.jpg

Got the seat post built and on. This seat is not on rails where I can slide it a little more forward, but
it doesn't look too bad. Its comfy , and with some longer bars should ride good.
DSCF0001_zpsf2eb8267.jpg

DSCF0004_zpsafdca001.jpg

It's funny, I've lost track of which bike this is and what it started off as.

You crank these things out so fast it's all becoming a blur. :lol:

It looks awesome whatever it is! :wink:

Thats funny Steve. I started building one and was going to have the seat post tube
continue around the back tire like a fender. It looked like crap so I cut it off and discontinued
that build. I took the front the other day and started over with it. Now its close to done.
The BB a kickstand,,,smooth the welds and paint and its finished. Doesn't take me long though. :wink:
Actually I wasn't going to build a frame. I was making that fork longer and then it got to this.

Uncle Stretch said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that is a fine looking bike.

Glad you like it. Its funny now that Steve brought it up , I'm not sure why I'm building this. :shock:

Gotta do something to keep your mind off Twinkies.

Back