cantilever gravitybike updated pics 11-23

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good to see you switched out that suspension fork for a rigid. Those RST forks are junk. They work fine for parking ramps, but anything high speed and they become a wobbly pogo stick on the front of the bike.

Nice looking bike! I don't have any good pics of mine, But I built mine using a chopped mixte frame and 20" wheels.

gbikes.jpg

Bad picture in the parking ramp. Mine is also wrapped in duct tape.

the rst is a good fork, but theyre made for road riding, ive had it over 60 mph in straights and sweeper turns and it was solid, what i did not like was tight turns, the front end felt veeery soft and i didnt like it at all. ive had g-bikers tell me that the shocks, disc brakes, hydraulics, all the crap is mostly for looks cuz it's good promo. its the rigid bikes that remain true so i imagine the even though i only a recreational rider ill stick with rigid. are you in texas? does a 20" fork and wheels on a 24" frame make the front too wobbley? ive never tried it. i think i may try a g-bike w/ 24" wheels next summer, havent decided yet.
fast eddie

eddie- even though ive seen your bike "pleasure tool" and its braking contraption, how do the brakes work on your g-bikes? is it just simple cantilever brakes or center pull brakes? cant be a coaster cuz of the high speeds and lack of a chain or pedals.

Did you go to the last spokesman meeting?

Easy E

this bike will v-brakes on the front, and ill put a v-brake adaptor on the back. i wouldnt try a coaster brake at any real speed. i didnt make the last spokesmen meeting, but im planning on putting this bike in the world of wheels show, the spokesmen had a bunch of bikes in there last year so im sure we'll be showing together. elvis we're gonna have to build you a g-bike y'know!!
fast eddie

dude i was totally thinkin about buildin a g-bike today!!! ive got this frame thats not your typical 20inch boys frame but i think that it would be really good for filling in with lead or whatever you put in your frames. and with my fat ... behing the bars, i wouldnt need that much leadshot!!! :roll:

whats it cost to enter the world of wheels show with bicycles? i wanna put my lowrider in and a few other bikes.

also, i cant believe how patient you are with painting your bikes!!! a week between primer and a week between paint and clear and all other paint shot onto it. i just painted a bike, etching primer, regualr primer, primer sealer, two to three coats of paint and 2 coats of clear in a matter of 3days!!! man i hate being impatient!!! bike looks good though!!!

Easy E

Back