CAPS LOCK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not wanting to start anything here other than a civilized discussion on this :D :D :D :D :D
I understand that typing in all caps is considered yelling in the online world. I can get passed that.
I do find the all caps text extremely hard to read and hard on my eyes when trying. I generally give up part way through an all caps post. Granted I'm old and have one eye that's messed up. Someone who types in all caps said "you don't ave to read my posts" but I want to read your posts. So I ask of you... please don't type in all caps.
I'm pretty sure that most who complain are just finding it hard to read just like myself.

Now I am curious... Do those who type in all caps ever read their own posts or are they a younger generation with good eyes and possibly grew up reading things in all caps and are used to it? What is the reason for typing in all caps?

Please don't turn this into a flame war of some kind.

my eyes aint so good either, i dont like all caps but i do witsh the font size was bigger when ppl posted to make easier on my wounded eyes ( mosh pit and bar fight injuries )
i have a hard time w/ these tiny letters. im gonna look into using a larger font size and see if anyone follows suit.

WHY IS THE CAT IN THE WALL???

sorry , you werent supposed to hear that i was talkin to the kids.... :mrgreen:

fast eddie outty

Having formal training in typography, I can attest to the fact that it is indeed harder for anyone to read English typed in all caps. It's some kind of visual thing. I think it would be a good thing for folks to keep the caps to a minimum, and not because of the "yelling" thing.

I think it's more a younger generation thing to type in all lowercase, even at the begining of a sentence (assuming a "setence" is even being typed) but propper nouns, etc, everything in all lowercase. All lowercase letters are still preferable to all caps though. I would imagine it's a combination of laziness and the "case sensitive" nature of passwords, the "texting" thing, etc that drives the habbit.

I just skip the all CAPS posts! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: They annoy me so I don't even bother! :wink:
L8 EM

fast eddie said:
i do witsh the font size was bigger when ppl posted to make easier on my wounded eyes

Hey Eddie...give the font size tool that's built into the forum a try.

Just click on the plus or minus symbol to change the size.

This is located in the upper right area of the forum.

Picture1.png

my handwriting is a total nightmare anymore its all shaky and tiny the term for it is (micrographia) it started getting worse around 1996 and when I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 2000 I finally understood why my handwriting went bad. the office gals I used to work with would constantly come ask me what was written on reports. I can usually understand what I write but few other people can.
so the keyboard is my friend (even tho I cant type) lol so if you ever get a cool bike related postcard and the writing is small and in gibberish just know its from me :p

Back