Captain's Log - Stardate 68.7 - Delta Quadrant

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
In all my years of searching out bikes, looking at pictures of bikes on the internet, searching catalogues this has to be one of the most Space age, Atomic looking, crazy designs I have ever seen. I had a concept drawing I did of a bike I wanted to build that had these same struts that ended forward of the head tube. I guess I was not the only person the think of this design as the Columbia bicycle company actually put one into production. Not sure yet how I want to build this - restore, mild custom or radical custom, but I hope it will turn out as a homage to designers past.

FireArrow1.jpg

FireArrow2.jpg

FireArrow3.jpg

FireArrow4.jpg

FireArrow5.jpg

FireArrow6.jpg

Funky frame.
BrigmasterA said:
Kinda reminds me of a spaceliner, but is brtty different at the same time. Nice find!

Yeh kinda of like a Spaceliner and a Firebolt had a collision.

I dig the "hood ornament"

dude that's exactly like what you were tellin me about the last time we talked when we were brainstorming about a frame for me. cool.

aka_locojoe said:
Cool bike but the tank just seems odd. I think it might look better without it.

agreed, iknow its got a 2 speed but it would look cool with a consloe shifter imo :D

first time getting to look at one of those btw !!! thanks joe

Man... I wish you wouldn't have posted this pic. Because now I really want one. Really bad. And I can't find one. :(
Guess I'll have to keep my eys open... I think one would look sweet in my stable of spaceliners...

yeshoney said:
In all my years of searching out bikes, looking at pictures of bikes on the internet, searching catalogues this has to be one of the most Space age, Atomic looking, crazy designs I have ever seen. I had a concept drawing I did of a bike I wanted to build that had these same struts that ended forward of the head tube. I guess I was not the only person the think of this design as the Columbia bicycle company actually put one into production. Not sure yet how I want to build this - restore, mild custom or radical custom, but I hope it will turn out as a homage to designers past.

Recover seat.
Clean.
Red pinstripe tires?(if they can be found)
New chrome fenders.
Bow pedals.

Done

I find I like the "spacie" bikes myself, I've got a fem. spaceliner frame I gotta' do something with. This bike is kickin', can't wait to see how it turns out.

Many months ago I found a bike nobody could identify, Looks like the mystery is solved, Thanks ChrissyG, Rick
2bikes003.jpg

2bikes005.jpg

With all the guys getting these kind of bikes lately, we should have an unofficial Sci-Fi buildoff :wink:

I don't get the "space age" vibe from this bike. Surely they would have named it something differently if that was the designers intent. Squarish tank and the squared off chain guard. To me the name sounds Indian or Native American (which ever is pc) and the cantilever tubes maybe to simulate arrows yet they're joined at the end. I'm trying to think what it does remind me of. I guess it's unique all in to itself.

I would say either leave as is or radical custom.

aka_locojoe said:
I don't get the "space age" vibe from this bike... To me the name sounds Indian or Native American (which ever is pc) and the cantilever tubes maybe to simulate arrows yet they're joined at the end. I'm trying to think what it does remind me of. I guess it's unique all in to itself.

it's kinda Native American and kinda Jet Age at the same time. a little bit Thunderbird. look at those rail lights.

cool as heck, however you categorize it!

Back