Car inspired bike designs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With an automotive background I've often wondered what certain cars would look like as bicycles. I've searched for some time and only found a few, such as the Ferrari.

I came up with this idea to just start picking cars and posting my rendition in hopes of inspiring others to build their version, or build my designs. I have some ideas to even make them look like the cars from the front with different handle bar designs. Most of them will be quite elaborate needing fabrication skills that I know many of you have. I will build them as time and money allow, which could take quite some time.

The computer designs will be scaled with a wheelbase of 77.75" and tire size 24x3 or 26.1ish (which is close the the same size) .... Other details will be hand drawn and shaded to explain detail, because it's faster that way. :mrgreen:

I will update this first post with new designs as I have time.

Designs to come so far are: Vintage and new Corvette, Trans-Am, 69 Camaro, and Mustang. They will look classy or mean depending on the style. Also taking suggestions!

First Car: 62 Vette 24"x3" rear. 26"x 2.1ish front, both white wall on red rims, center pieces fabricated like the small center hubcabs. Gray signifies chrome, chain and sprocket would mostly be hidden.

i-XTHxrRf-XL.jpg

What is this type of custom bike called? is there a specific word other than custom?

Sooooooo, what do you think?

That is AWESOME!!! Nice to see someone design one that is NOT based off a '57 Chevy. I can't wait to see what you come up with for a Mustang (My first car was a 1970 Mustang Mach One)

Back