Cervelo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A neighbor goes to a local dump, and occasionally brings back a bike or two. He brought this back and asked me if I'd give him $20..........Don't know if it's worth it. Derailleurs and brakes work, no cracks in the frame or forks. I've bought bikes from him before (and made money). Bought it because I don't want him to stop "looking" for me........I don't know ANYTHING about these bikes!
005-19.jpg

I dont know anything about them either. I did a quick google and they start about 3 grand. Track, triathlon bike.

Yeah, that's worth a small fortune. Check to make sure the serial number isn't scratched out. Why someone would dump a bike like that is beyond me. :shock:

I have looked too and one I saw was exactly like that one with the same colors and it was a 2005 Cervelo Dual TT Bike.

The quick release axle is missing in the rear. Looks like it sat outside for a bit, a little rust on the metal parts. Going to clean it up and take a better look.

TheFlyingDingo said:
That bike is worth more than my car,I'm certain.
Pics make it look better than it is. :lol:

Here's what I've found. OUTSIDE of the down tube, NOT a crack. It's like the paint is flaking off, might be like a gel coat. Raw carbon fiber is underneath. wondering if some epoxy or other resin would harm it.
003-18.jpg

You SCORED :shock: Sell it and get some money for some real bikes :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TheFlyingDingo said:
That bike is worth more than my car,I'm certain.

You need to get a new car :roll: just saying.

KOTA was there a man dump picking and when he turned his back his bike was gone? :|
I was always careful where I parked my car when I went to the salvage yard. :|
Other than that you trumped me this week 8)

Grayloc

Graylock said:
KOTA was there a man dump picking and when he turned his back his bike was gone? :|
I was always careful where I parked my car when I went to the salvage yard. :|
Other than that you trumped me this week 8)

Grayloc
Looking at it tonight, I can get this thing to work, just needs two axles. I can literally pick it up with ONE finger......I be ordering some SPANDEX baby!

For future reference, When in doubt about a bike look at the components, bar end shifters, fancy track handlebars, and deep V wheels are REALLY good signs that it was a pricey bike new. Chances are if it looks expensive, it is.

Also at $20 for a fairly complete bike it's 99.9% of the time worth the gamble. Even if the bike is trashed you can part it and make $20 from just about any part off of the bike.

schwinnmesa said:
Yeah, that's worth a small fortune. Check to make sure the serial number isn't scratched out. Why someone would dump a bike like that is beyond me. :shock:
I can't believe that was in a dump. You might want to fix it an eBay it. Your twenty dollar investment should bring some real coin.

Why that bike was in a dump is soooo confusing. I'll give you thirty, pay for shipping, and you don't even have to fix anything on it! :mrgreen:

Borlaxx said:
Why that bike was in a dump is soooo confusing. I'll give you thirty, pay for shipping, and you don't even have to fix anything on it! :mrgreen:

Haha.

Bar-end shifters for the win!!!

eBay is calling...

Dooooood, R U kidding me?!?!?
Looks like an early 2000's P2C.
I'd be thrilled to own one. I think they're on the P4C now, full carbon and extremely aero, rear wheel cutouts in the tubing, etc.
The TT world record holder rides one, Fabian Cancellara, or rode one up until last year. Heck of a nice guy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Cancellara

(My $.02, it was a theft bike that was ditched. No modern TT bike gets thrown in the trash.)

Tailwinds said:
(My $.02, it was a theft bike that was ditched. No modern TT bike gets thrown in the trash.)
That thought has crossed my mind.....I'm going to contact the Police in the surrounding cities and see If a bike like this has been reported stolen.
After a little research, I found out it's a 2005

If it was stolen the owner would probably be so happy to get it back he'd double your investment with a nice $40 Reward. I know I would.

Back