Cheap triple tree fork bumpers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I put a set of triple trees on my bike and wanted bumpers to keep them from banging on the frame. Found some on ebay but they were expensive so I scrounged around the hardware store to find something that would work. Ended up with these rubber leg tips that are made for 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" legs. My tubes are 1 1/4" so they are a tight fit. Just cut the bottom of them off and sprayed some WD40 on them to install.

leg_tips.jpg

630_11.jpg

Cool idea. I took a piece of 1/8'' thick x 1'' wide aluminum strap and bent it around the top tube.
I polished it and then used a little silicone to glue it on my frame. Does the same job and
adds a little flash too.
DSCF0013-3.jpg

I have a black frame so I used some little black felt glue on circles used to put on crap in your house so it doesnt scratch the wood. Cant see them and they have been working forever.

Like the way you thought outside the box on using those leg tips; I think that might be a way to go with using some smaller dia. ones on the back legs of a springer Ive been contemplating :D .

Back