Cheapest shipping rates?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Which one ships frames cheapest? USPS, UPS, or FedEx? Everytime I have the price estimated its pretty expensive. Anywhere around $100 seems to be USPS. Are the others any cheaper, and is there another cheaper shipping company.

USPS parcel post (aka: snail mail) is usually the cheapest. you gotta dig on their site for the cheap rates..

scrumblero said:
USPS parcel post (aka: snail mail) is usually the cheapest. you gotta dig on their site for the cheap rates..
Okay I'll check it out. Thank You

The trick for any of them is to keep it (if you're shipping a complete bike) is to keep the box within 130" length + girth. Most bike boxes are right at this measurement but they usually get rounded up so I've had to bring a box back home (a number of times) and cut the height down an inch or less--saving 25$+.

For a full size bike, I always go Fedex; for a smaller bike, frames, wheels, anything else, I go USPS.

Okay thanks again. All good info. Shipping is a tricky thing!

Someone recommended http://www.bikeflights.com to me, so I gave it a shot with a bike I just shipped.
It was super easy to use and it gave me a total shipped price via FedEx of $30. When I compared directly with FexEx and UPS they were $40+ for the same box and weight from GA to MI. I will definitely use them again.

kingfish254 said:
Someone recommended http://www.bikeflights.com to me, so I gave it a shot with a bike I just shipped.
It was super easy to use and it gave me a total shipped price via FedEx of $30. When I compared directly with FexEx and UPS they were $40+ for the same box and weight from GA to MI. I will definitely use them again.
I'll have to give it a look. I just recently sent a frame parcel post. Cost me $15, can't beat that lol

Mine was Rat Fink frame and fork. Weight 22 pounds in a used bike box that was 52x9x23

Latest posts

Back