check it out!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and so continues my love-hate relationship with ebay. But I finally came out on top with this auction. Looky what I've got... golden flyer tank
I've been looking for one of these for a long time. It's going strait on my western flyer. The last tank like that went for 70+ dollars on ebay. I'll post more pictures when I get it.

Hooch said:
oh wow great buy! I hate it when I miss cool bike stuff on ebay cuz I woulda been biddin against ya! but great score!

thanks... Yeah I've seen so many great bike parts slip by me on ebay auctions that go down to the last few seconds. I need to start selling instead of buying so much.

That is a great tank, I dig the headlights. I dont think I've ever seen one like this before. Is it originally a WF tank? Great score...Kelly

I received this fantastic piece of chrome the other day... it just looked a little grungy. But it fits, and it looks great on my bike.

here are some pictures of it fresh from the shipping box.
tank5.jpg

tank2.jpg

I'll have to find a battery box, and rewire everything.
tank4.jpg

dramatic pause......

BAM!
tank3.jpg

the chrome was merely hiding, it really began to shine after some polishing here and there.
tank1.jpg

I know its not the best looking bike and tank design, but I'm excited to finally get this. I cant wait to detail it and get it in working order. What do you guys think about keeping the main bullet light? I didn't plan on keeping it with the tank... but i actually like how it looks now.

i would lower the height of the bullet light so the twin light just pop over the top of the large one. it would leave the large light just above the front guard and give a nice flow angle to the front ( tyre, lge light, twin lights, seat, tail light. a nice curve!

You will be bright! That is such a sweet light/tank unit. Looks good mounted, maybe a few adjustments.

yeah, I noticed it looked a little high right now... thats definatley something i will do. I need to straiten out the lights on the tank too, so that will change a little

Back