Chesterton Indiana Bike Blast w/pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chesterton Bicycle Blast!
Saturday May 16 2009 9am - 4pm

CHESTERTON BICYCLE BLAST!

Downtown Chesterton, Indiana

Thomas Centennial Park - 2nd Street & Broadway

FREE ADMISSION!

Join the fun! Bicycle & Bicycle Parts SWAP MEET. Bicycle Rodeo, Riding Demonstrations, Vendors, Food, Bicycle Decorating Contest for kids with Parade around the park. Hoosier Antiques & Classic Bicycle Club exhibit.

More Info & Vendor/Swap Meet Applications: http://www.DuneBig.com

Re: Chesterton Indiana

well, it wasnt much...but it was the first year. A couple booths and some vintage stuff on display. Stunt bike/ramp riding show...made a couple connections though!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

...and everyone loved the Rat Rod Bikes t-shirt!!!! :wink: :wink:

Let me know if they're gonna do it next year, Gigs and I would love to come and hang out with ya and maybe sell some Freakswag.
Get any pictures?

100_0419.jpg

100_0416.jpg

100_0409.jpg

100_0393.jpg

100_0386.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0371.jpg

100_0368.jpg

100_0361-1.jpg

100_0360-1.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0353.jpg

100_0351-1.jpg

I recently realized that the parking lot at work that is called the Crown lot is where the Great Western Bicycle Co. used to be!!!!! :mrgreen:

Looks like fun. Always amazing there are lots of "us" out there, too bad they havent' found this site.

Hey Mark - great pics!!!! YES, we plan to do another Bicycle Blast next year! As you commented, the first year is always the most difficult, and it takes a lot of work to get the many different bicycle groups interested.... but we have their interest now, and they are on board for next year, and will be working with us to make it bigger and better!

I have bookmarked this website and when the time comes to start pulling everything together again, I'll be looking for ideas from the Rat Rod members. Maybe some would like a part of the event as a volunteer or display?

Thanks for your support! http://www.DuneBig.com [email protected]
Dunebig

dude markm- did you guys have a bike throwing contest?!!!!

100_0393.jpg

we might have to do that at the next event here in KC!!!!

Easy E

yea...its was pretty fun. The bikes lasted longer that you would think :mrgreen:
they had different sizes for kids too. I think the farthest was 30 some odd feet :D :D

Back