Chestnut hallow purchases

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got these today at Chestnut hallow. I just want to say that Jerry is a really nice guy and very knowledgeable. Only a very small portion of the bikes outside are going to be scraped. I had a hard time finding anything in those piles worth keeping. If its at all salvageable Jerry is going to hold onto it. I thought his prices were good and he goes out of his way to see that what you are buying is complete and usable.
Picture014-2.jpg

A near mint set of wheels from a girls Monark with a NOS skiptooth sprocket. These are going onto my Ratty racer along with a new front sprocket.
Picture015-2.jpg

I think Jerry said this is a Cleveland welding frame. I lost track due to senses overload!
Picture016-1.jpg

A truss frame Columbia gigitty:D
Picture017.jpg

A nice J.C. Higgins.
Picture018.jpg

A nice Persons? seat. The other seat was a freebie :D

I think I got the only truss frame he had. We could make one though! I did see one Raleigh in a pile outside. I would not be surprised if he had more. Its all very overwhelming to try and pick things out of the piles. I could spend the whole day and still not see everything. There was a nearly complete English girls bike in the pile to be scraped. Just tell Jerry your into English bikes and I'm sure he can hook you up.

Man, I wish I would have went with you! That's something I did need, a good set of wheels, looks like you did pretty well.

Boardtrack fan said:
I think I got the only truss frame he had. We could make one though! I did see one Raleigh in a pile outside. I would not be surprised if he had more. Its all very overwhelming to try and pick things out of the piles. I could spend the whole day and still not see everything. There was a nearly complete English girls bike in the pile to be scraped. Just tell Jerry your into English bikes and I'm sure he can hook you up.

Nice score man, i gota ask ya, You didnt step in the Raleigh pile did you? :D lol

Back