Chestnut Hollow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This just goes to show ya how well informed all of us guys in Michigan are when it comes to the bicycle community! :x I've never heard of Chestnut Hollow until now. None of the bike guys that I've talked to have ever even mentioned that there is such a bike recycler/antique dealer any where's close to Michigan. We've been to the Ann Arbor/ Saline Bike Show and I've never even heard of or seen these guys there. We know guys that restore bikes, guys that collect older bikes, and even know an ex Schwinn dealer, who's grandparents lived in Almont, and still no one's ever brought up Chestnut Hollow! So I read this thread, find out about this great place, look into it further and find out it's about 30 minutes down the road from me!

I would like to thank this board and everyone on here for all the knowledge that can be learned to support our hobby! Cause without you guys., I wouldn't have a clue as to what's in my backyard! :lol: It really shows me how the people in our area don't give a crap about helping the bike community to grow. I guess, if there's no money put directly into their pockets than there's no reason to pass this info along. I've been told by some that they could get me just about anything I want, so I can only assume that Chestnut Hollow was one of their secret sources!

Gigs and I are gonna try to get ahold of C.H. after Xmas and try to set up something to go out and check things out. I'll let you guys know how this goes and keep ya updated. We'll get picture up the whazoo and aske many, many questions!

Thanks for this great thread!
Chainsaw

Hugo said:
KOTA said:
Help Us Get One!!
:D No, YOU get me one! You're much closer!

Hugo

Because of your thread, Hugo, We're ALL gonna get one! Well, those of us in the States. Thanks!....

O.K. so I do the mapquest thingy and it appears that we go past this road several times a year! So I know who to get near it!

Calling the Ricksterr!!!!
Hey Ricky! Is this the place that The Dadsterr was talking to me about? It kinda looks and sounds like that place you guys went to the car show at, years ago.

Thanks agian for all the insight!

Again, I can't take credit for the Chestnut Hollow info. It was mentioned on the "Barn Find Jackpot" thread, and October posted a link. I do take credit, however, for believing that it deserved a separate thread and for creating the super-shock icon ----> :shock: x 100

Looking forward to visit reports!
icon_popcorn-1.gif

Hugo

Chainsaw said:
This just goes to show ya how well informed all of us guys in Michigan are when it comes to the bicycle community! :x I've never heard of Chestnut Hollow until now. None of the bike guys that I've talked to have ever even mentioned that there is such a bike recycler/antique dealer any where's close to Michigan. We've been to the Ann Arbor/ Saline Bike Show and I've never even heard of or seen these guys there. We know guys that restore bikes, guys that collect older bikes, and even know an ex Schwinn dealer, who's grandparents lived in Almont, and still no one's ever brought up Chestnut Hollow! So I read this thread, find out about this great place, look into it further and find out it's about 30 minutes down the road from me!

I would like to thank this board and everyone on here for all the knowledge that can be learned to support our hobby! Cause without you guys., I wouldn't have a clue as to what's in my backyard! :lol: It really shows me how the people in our area don't give a crap about helping the bike community to grow. I guess, if there's no money put directly into their pockets than there's no reason to pass this info along. I've been told by some that they could get me just about anything I want, so I can only assume that Chestnut Hollow was one of their secret sources!

Gigs and I are gonna try to get ahold of C.H. after Xmas and try to set up something to go out and check things out. I'll let you guys know how this goes and keep ya updated. We'll get picture up the whazoo and aske many, many questions!

Thanks for this great thread!
Chainsaw
Same here, never heard of it till now. This isn't another name for Dan's barn Is it? When are we going? Maybe the FBM could invade...Kelly

I immediately thought it was a pic of Dan's!
I think it would be cool to set up something with them. I know there's a rails to trails not too far from there, so it could be a ....... ride. Maybe get the Peddlers involved! Do a look-see, a cruise and have a box lunch social! I think Rick, from House of Wheels might have some knowledge of C.H. He's pretty big into Restoring bikes, I'll see if he's got any "stroke" with them.

Once we survive the Holidays, I can get on better track with all the good stuff!

We are trying to plan a ride out that way in late spring/early summer. We'll keep you guys posted on the haps.

Ricky has been there. Where you at Ricky? We finally find a topic for your brain to enlighten us and .............
Ricky! Wake Up! Ricky!

if these are the same guys that are on ebay then i did business with them not to long ago and my spaceliner frame from :p

they have some really great auctions up right now...and its testing my willpower not to bid on them :cry:

Just wow. Jaw dropping wow. :shock:

Back